Been a while but needing help today

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Photoken

Photoken
  • Members
  • 396 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Photography, History, Pipe collecting, Vintage hats and suits.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

It's been some time since I posted here. Needing some room to vent today. I think I try very hard to do my best at my work. And I also try very hard to be helpful to co-workers. But I do get tired of being treated poorly by these same co-workers. I get tired of being treated this way. It only keeps things difficult when things can be better. It causes my mind to open doors long closed. It always happens.

#2 Bacchus

Bacchus
  • Members
  • 2,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:14 AM

Hi, Ken.  Long time no see, but sorry to hear that co-workers are JERKS.  I had a lot of problems at work last year--was slandered by one administrator, and when I filed a formal complaint, pretty much nothing was done which just added to the frustration.

I know this likely sounds trite, but sometimes it seems the only response I can have to frustrations I have at work is to remind myself that "that's why they call it WORK."  I remember good relationships I've had with co-workers, and I think of that as an added bonus but likely not the norm. 

Anyway, sorry I'm no help.  Good to see you again though, just sorry it's because things are rotten.

Bacchus

(X-Files Ken and Barbie ?)

#3 Photoken

Photoken
  • Members
  • 396 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Photography, History, Pipe collecting, Vintage hats and suits.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:02 PM

Bacchus, Very nice to hear from you. You are correct, it is work, not fun.

I still keep Fox and Scully close by. Thank you.

I guess btb has fewer active member than I remember. Do you and others hang out online much anymore?

I don't as much as I used to, always something else to take my time.

Ken

#4 Bacchus

Bacchus
  • Members
  • 2,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:27 AM

I'm not on very much anymore, just happened to see you post last night and thought...WOW, it's been over ten years.  And yes, Ken...we are getting older, lol.

One good thing about "work," you've got to be getting pretty close to retirement.  Personally, I can't wait for that, I think I'll be pretty good at filling my own time.

I hope your family is well.

#5 molly

molly
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:nature ,walking ,cats n dogs

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

I feel for you .why people in employment behave badly towards fellow workers is beyond me .you are the better person .if its very bad  ,get out  ,because that will affect your health big time , I suffered it for a year and ended up a basket case so mind yourself and don't let that happen . kind regards molly

#6 Jeff91

Jeff91
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:58 AM

Sometimes we just have to deal with the jerk co-workers, but it's hard to deal with.