• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 glara

glara
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:02 PM

Hi, Newbie here. I'm here because I suffer from hormonal and seasonal depression, which can get pretty bad. I've had a terrible separation after a terrible marriage. My daughter moved out 6 months ago and barely has any time for me anymore. I have a friend who lives an hour away but never has time for me and another who lives 2 hours away by plane. Her daughter passed away and she's a wreck. Near her lives my ex who I've been talking to and have spent a little time with. He's also a wreck because he suffers severely from PTSD. Right now I feel like I wish I was dead because there's no point to my life. I work long hours to pay off the dept my husband ran up. And that's my existence. So really, what's the point? I have no plan. I'm too chicken to do it. I'm just so sad. Who would I tell?

#2 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:world music, poetry, all creative arts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

glara-

Sounds like you need human contact.  Who can you tell?.....at the bare minimum there are crisis talk phone lines.  If you can't stand yourself for another minute and it's 1 am in the morning, I really think calling a 24 hour service like that is at least a way to vent and come to terms with yourself for at least a few minutes.  Regular counseling would be better, but if you don't have the money or inclination you could always try a minister from one of your local churches.  Not that it's a substitute but you can also spend some time here reading other people's posting and discovering that you are not alone.  Speaking of which...some communities also have support groups of various kinds that meet regularly....maybe you could look to see if there's one on depression or mental illness in a more general way that meets in your area.  

Try to get out into some sort of situation that would take you mind away from your problems and maybe even make a new friend or two who is located closer. Easy to say...hard to do.....I know, but it's gonna work if you can manage it.

Hang in there.  

Fiona

#3 Jeff91

Jeff91
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

Just hang in there. We have too many reasons to live.

#4 Ginad128

Ginad128
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:09 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through all that. It's good that you joined this site. I hope you find the help you need.

I know how you feel, I've been in a similar place myself. It is the worst feeling. Please don't give up, yoe really do have so much to live for.

Take care of yourself.

Ginad128
Hi, my name is Gina and I'm a newbie. I have major clinical depression, anxiety and paranoia. I hope I can meet some new friends here and get some support as well as be supportive to others.