1 reply to this topic

#1 disjointed

disjointed
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:55 PM

Hi everyone,
I've never tried anything like online group support but this is a great idea. The last few days I've needed to talk about this slump just to keep moving forward, but it's hard to do that without being afraid that no one will really understand. So anyway, I'm new here and really appreciate being able to read through various posts that resonate with my experieinces.
I'm 22, have been in therapy for 3 years for PTSD and a major depressive disorder, and am still learning to cope. This week I'm in one of the worst slumps that I've had; hence staying in bed seems to be the only thing I can handle. I feel so drained that standing up and doing chores feels demanding. Does anyone else get this way? My head hurts and I'm dizzy...I was borderline suicidal at first and now just can't summon the energy to care. Smehow the idea of lying in bed until I starve feels like a relief. Ugh.
Anyway sharing really helps and any comments or similar stories would really be appreciated. This is strangely lonely.

#2 invisiblebutterfly

invisiblebutterfly
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:58 AM

I felt like this a few months ago when I had a major depressive episode.  I wasn't really suicidal but I just wanted to go to sleep and not wake up.  Laying in bed sleeping was the only thing I wanted to do because at least when you're asleep it doesn't hurt anymore.  I wish I could tell you how to come out of it.  I didn't feel like I could really talk to anyone about it because people who haven't experienced it just don't get it.  I took a lot of baby steps, trying to walk a little bit each day for exercise, forcing myself to shower and put on makeup and do my hair.  I tried to eat healthy and stay away from alcohol.  I'm back on my prozac and seeing a therapist.  My slump lasted about 2-4 weeks until I started feeling better.  Getting through each day is a struggle, just try taking baby steps.  I'm praying for you.