Introduction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ol'Beard-o-BeesPool

Ol'Beard-o-BeesPool
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Comic books, video games; nerdy stuff.

Posted 14 November 2014 - 11:52 AM

Hello there,

It is a pleasure to meet you.  I am a guy in my late twenties, married, no kids (but with a puppy).  I have been depressed for as long as I can remember; I grew up a lonely fat kid with few friends and even fewer social graces.  Sometime in my early teens, I started to realize that people thought I was funny.  I played that up and quickly found myself surrounded by legions of friends.  It was a mask though and I think part of me resented them.  I went to college, fell in love and was destroyed by that love.  Part of me thinks I am still recovering from that episode.  However, I fell in love again and have been married for about three years now.  We have our struggles but generally, it is a happy marriage.

So I am actually quite open about my depression.  I have seen a few therapists over the years and talking really does help.  However, I am at a point in my life where I do not have many people to talk about it with; my wife would rather pretend nothing is wrong.  I do not agree with her.  I have suicidal thoughts (attempted it once before) and I do not want to put her through that again.  A lot of my friends disappeared after that suicide attempt.  I still have a handfull but they are globe-trotting trend-setters now and I feel bad dumping my problems on them.

That went on longer that I wanted it to, sorry!  I look forward to speaking with any of you and hopefully we can fight this beast together!  Thank you for your time.

#2 KylieJane

KylieJane
  • Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:37 PM

Welcome to the board. Hope you like it here. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Introduction