• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 downfortoolong

downfortoolong
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:34 AM

Hi, I'm new to BTB and I'm not really sure where to start. I'm 21 and, though I may be young, like many of you here I have battled with severe depression for much of my life. I have lost friends and isolated myself from many people I care about for far too long. I never had many friends growing up (the ones I did have turned out to be different people than I thought) and I've always felt alone. I've always felt like I never measured up; to my parents, family, friends.I've felt like I didn't deserve to have people to love or care about me, even though I have an amazing boyfriend who tells me and shows me he loves me everyday. Somehow I still feel unworthy. I've felt like I would never accomplish anything with my life, that I would be worthless and useless forever. I've almost given up on college though I still go to class and work at it. I sometimes feel that everyone would be better off if I wasn't in their lives, not necessarily thoughts of suicide though those thoughts are there too. I have tried everything I can think of too beat this but I am at a loss.

I have read many of the posts here and many of you give me hope. I don't yet see how things could possibly look up for me, but hearing what you all have to say has given me hope that it is possible for things to get better.

#2 downfortoolong

downfortoolong
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

I'm not sure if many people still use this site. :/

#3 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

Sadly no, not used much at all anymore........

Hope is good, hang on tightly to it.  Have you considered therapy for the negative internal self talk?  it really works wonders for helping to turn things around.

Keep hanging in there!!

Sheila

#4 downfortoolong

downfortoolong
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

I have been in therapy for over a year and nothing seems to help.

#5 Marion Adams

Marion Adams
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:photography

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:34 PM

Also new here and not sure how to start anyone have any advise

#6 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:world music, poetry, all creative arts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

Wow - 

This site is what you make out of it.  Too bad that some of the folks I met originally are not sticking it out and trying to keep it together.  In my humble opinion you can do one of several things here.....

1)  Just read past postings.  There is a lot of good stuff that has already been said.  Why re-invent the wheel?

2)  You can be honest and dish up some solid stuff for comment.  Yes, this is much harder when you don't even know what kind of people read this site, but it may be the only way to get some actual advise from anyone.....we are experts in the been there, done that kind of thing.  or

3)  you can just post some stuff that is neither here nor there and hope for some sort of response.....not very successful of late.

My thought has always been that i am willing and able to give comment to people who are stuck.....that is a very common state for us all at one time or another.  It is only my opinion and nothing more.

Regards,

Fiona