• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jennygirl41

Jennygirl41
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:06 PM

I've always been the strong one in my family, then 10 yrs ago i was hit by a drunk driver, lifeflighted to hosp, woke up 4 days later with my left leg amputated and too many other injuries to list. I have been trying to stay positive, glad to be alive. I've been noticing a regression in my mental being. It's gotten so bad now that i have a hard time taking care of my daughter, which i do alone. I started not wanting to go places, now i don't want to get out of bed & everything i NEED to be doing feels like i need the strength of 10 ppl to do them. I have a boyfriend that tries very hard to help me & i still feel alone in my thoughts. I don't want to be like this anymore but i don't have the energy to stop it or change it.

#2 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:world music, poetry, all creative arts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:41 PM

Dear Jennygirl -

Don't loose hope but above all don't deny yourself the experience of grieving for what you have lost.  You have loat.....that is clear.  You've got to allow for that in your psyche and don't try to cover it over or deny that it's part of you.  You can't care for someone like your daughter unless you have cared for yourself first.  If you are lucky enough to have someone like your boyfriend try to help you, i'd say it's time to take a look at how you can let that help in the door.  I can sense you are a proud, self sufficient person, but there are also times when being strong is allowing others to help you.  I hope you will find the resources to get beyond the hard place you are in right now.   Write us back and tell us how you are doing.

Regards,

Fiona