1 reply to this topic

#1 cford.18

cford.18
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

Hello all,

I am new to this sort of thing but really feel I need to talk to anyone who feels the way I do.

I don't know or understand why I am sad a majority of the time, and no one else gets it either, they just say I am being dramatic. I cry for no reason and it causes me to have anxiety when it happens. 

I have been feeling this way for as long as I can remember but have not sought out help until today. 

I chose today because as of late I have been dealing with a lot of stress from work and it was making me ill, and caused a strain on my relationship with my live in boyfriend. Because of my emotional problems he broke up with me (this morning) and I was forced to move out. 

So now I am staying with my parents and older brother sleeping on their couch. I thought I could go to them for emotional support as well but I was very wrong. 

I have no friends and am feeling desperately alone. I just want to understand why  I always feel this way and also would like to know of ways to help me get over this feeling of sadness and anxiety.

I realize that my current issues aren't very serious, but the sad feeling doesn't ever go away.

If anyone ever needs someone to talk to about anything I am here for that as well!

Best wishes to all  

#2 awesomesauce

awesomesauce
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:i'm a avid science fiction fan. I love reading and writing. I plan to be a science fiction writer when I get into college. I adore animals. i love having fun. ;)

Posted 16 September 2014 - 04:26 AM

Hey! I feel for you! My parents don't understand either.....and I have WORSE mental health problems ( not saying that depresson is not horrible, because it is. i have it, but am not experiencing it currently.

Can't you find a consular? That's one of the first steps. Second, try to search for mental health clinics, there are also clinics that offer sliding pay and offer lots of services. :)

Trust me, i felt very much like you when i was depressed, as in crying all the time.

Depression can be VERY serious! Tell you mom/dad/BF etc that it is. It IS NOT something to mess with. Tell them that mentally ill people are not ' weird and crazy etc' there are LOTS of people with mental illness who are very, very, bright etc. Watch the movie ' A Beautiful Mind'

The world needs to get over it! Gosh! Btw, anyone who doesn't understand you/ walks out on you like your BF, they ARE NOT someone worth being around! If they won't love you/can't except that you have a health condition... Then they are not worth being around. Someone who truly loves you would not do that.

Your welcome to chat if you want.