Photo

Back.....things are getting a bit better :)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 awesomesauce

awesomesauce
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:i'm a avid science fiction fan. I love reading and writing. I plan to be a science fiction writer when I get into college. I adore animals. i love having fun. ;)

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

Heyy, so, i got some good news. Well, I am now involved with this orginization that is called Dayspring. it is a plaace that helpes people with MH probleams. going to see a dr soon, don't know when. I have a therpist, and shes awesome.

Been having family issues due to me.

I want my probleams to be over with. Its so hard.

To make thing worse.....im not gonna say because it's pretty bad. Y'all will probaly hate me. Its not my fult.
Oh, and I can get extra services, too. Quite frankly, i feel that i need more support, as in, i have problems with functioning/safety ( as in going somewhere by myself and getting severely paranoid etc) due to my problems. NO, THIS DOES NOT MEAN IM NOT INTELLIGENT.

PS. i have always wondered this, but WHY do mental hospitals treat you like prisinores? I don't get that. but they won't do that in a normal hospital.

#2 Ol'Beard-o-BeesPool

Ol'Beard-o-BeesPool
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Comic books, video games; nerdy stuff.

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

Mental hospitals seem to be the worst.  I was in one about five years ago and it was awful.  There were no windows, no clocks and not a single calendar on the floor.  I was in there for three days; it was exhausting and dehumanizing.  They thought I was on a hunger strike because I refused to eat an egg salad sandwich.  It was ridiculous.  I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way about mental hospitals.

You are intelligent.  Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. 

#3 KylieJane

KylieJane
  • Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

I would never want to be in one.  I have heard stories about them.  American Horror Story Season 2 spreads negative stereotypes about mental hospitals and the people who are in them.  Those scripts are written by laypeople who don't know what the hell they are talking about and learned everything they know from wikipedia. 

#4 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:world music, poetry, all creative arts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

Mental hospitals are the worst.  Having been hospitalized several times I can say it's nothing short of torture and I am totally unconvinced that many of the staff are really wanting to help you. 

Feel like I should be suing the doctor involved in my last hospitalization.  He had me on a cocktail of drugs that made my feet swell and left me with some sort of nerve damage in my feet.  It's not painful to walk, but it is uncomfortable, and it has been months.  I don't think this is getting better and it has nothing to do with mental health issuers.  It is just bad medical practice.

In some ways though you have to go through this as part of initiation into "the system".  There is other help available outside of the hospital that will only see you when you have been in hospital.  There are some services you need, awesome sauce.  I just hope that you get through to them without too much damage from the process of getting there.

Regards,

Fiona

#5 Marvin42

Marvin42
  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:18 AM

I was in a mental hospital here in the UK for 3 months in 1997 and it was fine.  It was the only time in myy life I had ever been allowed to be weak.  No-one I met in there was stupid, most were at least as intelligent as people outside.  And no-one was mad.  One nurse was sadistic and would bully patients (emotionally), one wouldn't listen when he was paid to do just that, but some were lovely, and I was with some lovely inmates.  I know how lucky I was, apparently it's worse in there now.

As Fiona says, you have to go through this to get to the other side.  It's not easy.  Try and keep faith in yourself.  The you that can cope is still inside, when the time is right you will live again.

Best wishes,

Marvin