• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ebes

ebes
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

I moved from LA to Penn state for my wifes professorship left a Trauma ER job paid 100,000

Iam so depressed I can see no way out, I may just go back. my family used to love me, now everyhthng is going to hell

what do I do

#2 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:world music, poetry, all creative arts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

ebes -

Sorry to hear about your situation.  One thing I know for sure, if you are trying to look for jobs in a depressed state that is an extra hard thing.  I got laid off from a job I had for 15 years a while back and I did find a job eventually but it took way longer than I expected and I know there was a chunk of time while I was looking that I was in a depression.  i couldn't understand why I would get interviews but then be passed over as 2nd choice.  One day it was revealed to me when I went and did a video taped "mock" interview at our local job service office.  What I saw on the tape when it was played back to me was a depressed blob of a person who may be saying the right things but didn't look like I really believed in myself.  After seeing the tape I purposely tried to act "perkier" and more energetic in interviews (even if I didm't truly feel it), and I think it did in fact work out, since I did finally landed a solid offer.

Work is such a big part of who we are!  You can't turn back time now though, you have to march ahead.  Maybe try getting some counseling or other support to help you plan how you are going to tackle this might be the thing to do at this stage.  There are two fronts in the war.....your depression is a battle unto itself.  Finding your place in your new community is another thing to tackle, but you probably need help with the depression first.

Hope things will turn around for you.

Regards,

Fiona