artineveryday
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:90's rock, '70's funk, classic rock, instrumental, animals,
    brian clemmon's thrillers, writing, painting

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

hello everyone!

I suffer severe/chronic depression,., Big Deal, Right!!!????

So do ALOT of other people! 

So, I am glad to be in a place with support, and compassion....ya ya ya

I try when I can to laugh at myself, and other trivial things most people haven't noticed; I love to laugh, esp. when I spend the majority of my life scared, worried, nervous and the crying!!! Sometimes I think I'm going out of tears! but I never do.

I've lost the majority of my life because of this stupid depression, it hurts so bad, and its such a solitary illness...hopefully, not anymore.

#2 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

Welcome aboard,

Have a look around and vent as needed!

Sheila

#3 lunariley

lunariley
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

I also suffer from chronic depression so I understand completely where you're coming from.
What's hard about going through this battle is thinking you're alone, but finding groups such as this one really quells that solitary feeling. At least for me it does.
Feel free to express what ever you're feeling.I think that's the best way to remove the negativity from your body and mind. Release it and replace it with something positive that's what I'm attempting to do every day.

#4 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Hi, nice to meet you!

Reading other people's experiences really helped me when I was at my lowest, then daring to actually write about how I was feeling. I hope it helps you too.

love Jillie x

#5 koolibah

koolibah
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:45 AM

Boy it's nice to not feel so alone. I have chronic bad depression and struggle every day to get through. Anxiety and feeling overwhelmed are my constant companions. Take good care. Koolibah

#6 Traveler

Traveler
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2014 - 11:27 PM

Depression is so lonely.  No one understands or wants to listen, and I don't want to burden them because there's nothing they can do.  I, too, feel like I've lost almost everything in my life and I'm exhausted.  I just can't do this anymore.  I recently heard someone say 'I want to commit suicide but I don't want to die.  I just want these feelings and thoughts to stop...' Meds help for awhile but never very long, and switching meds is horrible.  Counseling/Psychiatrists don't  help either, because providers always end up moving so I have to find someone new and start all over.  Noone really cares and I just want to give up.  How do people keep getting up every day when they feel this way?  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression