empty

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 unhappymeal

unhappymeal
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

i know life isn't all about having a partner...  i let my ex go because i felt suffocated and our goals were misaligned. i didn't regret making that decision because i always thought it was better for us.. as much as i was sure he loved me a lot, i didn't put in as much effort. and now looking back, i was really fortunate but i never treasured the love. there's no point saying this. though i really did wish i should have tried to make it work. i was always looking for something better and thought there'd be better things ahead.

i feel so empty and wonder if anyone would love me as much as he did... social media makes it worse. friends posting about good bits of their life. and i'm at home scrolling through the feed... i should be out socializing but i am such an awkward person. it's not that i'm not trying. i felt my conversations were weird and i was boring the other person out because i just didn't know how to continue the conversation... we're not even really talking about anything deep. i was mostly listening, and i felt really bad. am i really this dull, or is this just not my day? my thoughts are not even coherent, as you can tell.

i have difficulty accepting the fact that people come and go. and have their own lives. there's not a single person i can depend on. when my ex proposed, the idea of commitment scared the hell out of me.now i'm just wondering who i will stick with me through dark periods. but seriously, i'm not that fun to be around with. oh yes there i go again. "you think, therefore you are..." i dont think anyone i know understands what im going through and actually bothers to help me get back on my feet... i dont think i can go on with life if i am so needy...

#2 Self-Destructo-Man

Self-Destructo-Man
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

I just wanted to let you know that I read your post. I just split with Miyax to because we weren't on the same page, and I knew that to begin with but I pursued her anyway. I struggle with fully giving myself to somebody versus only given a part of myself and I'm not even sure what the right answer is.

I am sure that it's painful though. Hang in there, somebody will adore you
Hopefully you can figure out part of what I mean, because I use Siri, and I don't go back and reread to make sure of the misspellings

#3 KylieJane

KylieJane
  • Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

I try to avoid social media.  Too many trolls.  Facebook and Twitter are just time wasters anyway. 

I hate websites where people judge you based on your number of friends/followers.  They're a popularity contest.

When one door shuts, another opens. If one doesn't work out, something better is waiting for you.