#1 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:world music, poetry, all creative arts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hello fellow beast beaters -

Just managed to have a successful connection to chat.  So, I'm going to post a little encouragement and a few suggestions....

1)  If you want to chat come to this forum and post a day and time when you want to do it.  Give people a day or so to be able to see your post and BE SPECIFIC.....like I'll be on-line on Tuesday, 12:00 EST in USA so everyone will know exactly when to try to connect with you.  Otherwise it's hit and miss.  Maybe eventually if we get enough people interested we can do regular days and times....it looks like that happened here in the past.

2)  Check the little "Chat" menu on the top of the screen...it has a red part that tells you how many people are in the chat room.  If you've been online for some time, you should also re-fresh the screen from time to time (click on the circle with an arrow on it on the right had side of the web address line) because it does not update itself that I have seen.  You can also check at the very, very bottom of all of the forums there is a listing of who is online and if you bring the listing up it will show you where they are on the forum.  If you notice someone you want to chat with is around you can try to message them to join you in the chat room.  To join the room just click on the chat icon on the top menu bar.

3)  The chat room doesn't let you hang for too long.  If you are there by yourself awaiting others to chat it will boot you after a certain period of inaction.  I'm guessing this is just an automatic feature, so don't get insulted that you were trying to do something wrong...this is why it's important to mutually agree on a time to be there.

Hope I'll see some of you use this feature.  It is real time interactive messaging so you don't have to wait like in the forums for days before someone posts a response.

Regards,

Fiona

#2 awesomesauce

awesomesauce
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:i'm a avid science fiction fan. I love reading and writing. I plan to be a science fiction writer when I get into college. I adore animals. i love having fun. ;)

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:31 PM

i wanna chat with somone