• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fundanglr

fundanglr
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

hey there, ive suffered with mental? anxity related issues for a while now, quite a while, affects my stomach quite badly, lately its been terrible,

bloating ,uncomfortable, non stop hunger type feelings when its not bloated, politly i get "blocked" up, get really bealchy , i know this is gross i a sorry. this latest incident has been going on a while, we were living in a bad part of auckland (new zealand) within 18 months my wifes car was etched with a stone tagged , my car was broken into and stuff nicked almost lost the car ( we have 5 kids so it would kill us to lose it) attempted break in ( we think) in the house, i saw someone jump our fence and scared them off, following week i came out and all our car doors were open,

my kids had been bullyed at school ( majority of the school is pacific islander and maori and we are european) anyway thats just the stuff i remember , then the shift away was extremly stressfull for me,

what i need is help and ideas to deal with this stuff in my head and get me back to being me again! my guts is horrinle and getting worried about it!

help!

#2 Lida

Lida
  • Members
  • 46 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

There are many products over the counter that can ease digestive problems.  Even if you feel the cause of your problems are mental you may still get some relief by employing some of these products.  I think it is common for anxiety to cause discomfort in the head, gut or back.  Then the discomfort causes more anxiety, right?  So try to break the cycle by getting some OTC medications.  As for the anxiety......I read a nice description once of what could be described as a five minute meditative retreat.  At any time in the day when you feel the need and can take a few minutes tell yourself that for that time you are not allowed to worry about anything.  Imagine your worries as a helmet you take off and lay on the couch beside you. Take a breath, feel the gravity holding you to the chair, listen to the sounds in the room, feel the air on your skin.  Simply be a witness to the moment without judging it .

#3 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Lida,

thanks for this meditation idea, I will give it a try and see if it works for me.

hugs

Ed the chow hound