3 replies to this topic

#1 NoodleWords

NoodleWords
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Writing, reading, music, running

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

I've been dating my current boyfriend for almost four years now, and recently I've been starting to feel like I am too emotionally unstable to be in a relationship. My depression and anxiety are making things awful.

My boyfriend is very logical, and I'm very emotional. We fight so much lately, and it feels like things always get fixed for him-- he explains all my feelings away, and I am left still feeling the same.

I feel so distant from him lately. I don't feel affectionate toward him, I don't particularly look forward to seeing him, we have nothing to talk about. It feels horrible to think about ending it, but I'm starting to feel like I am just too emotional and sad and anxious to sustain a normal relationship.

I feel very alone. I have not talked to anyone about this because I feel too guilty. I don't know what to do. Every attempt to talk about it ends without a resolution.

Edited by NoodleWords, 12 June 2013 - 04:54 AM.

#2 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hi Noodlewords,

A big friendly welcome to the BTB gang, come on in and meet everyone.

First off relationships are never easy so give yourself some credit for the fact yours lasted four years. To keep a relationship going for four years when you are depressed means you must a good basic relationship skills so all is not lost.

If I  were in your position I  would look for a boyfriend that you are more compatable with who is interested in the same things you are.

hugs

Ed the chow hound

#3 sunnykmr234

sunnykmr234
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

Thinking of two person can never match. So one of you have to understand to continue this relation.

#4 Jeff91

Jeff91
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:22 AM

If your relationship is just making your feelings worse, think of ending it and be with someone that you're compatible with.