• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alexisaar

alexisaar
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

As most people with bipolar disorder know, there is a mixed state which consist of mania and depression at the same time.
It's a horrible state to be in and has the most suicides.
I've been in this horrible state for about a week/ week and a half now.
How do you guys deal with it? Because personally I am really struggling.
tell me about your mixed states and how you feel during them.
Please help.

#2 Millionbells

Millionbells
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

I'm really sorry to hear you've been going through this.  Judging by the date of which you posted, I can only hope this has since subsided for you.  I can't offer much in the way of advice, because while I often suffer through this state, I have little in the way of help to cope with it.  I am, however, seeing my therapist on an almost regular basis; I don't know what your health care situation is like, but if you're able to get in for individual/group therapy in addition to taking medication (are you on medication currently?), I know it can be most helpful.  I have a husband who has been a saint to me because of his unwavering support during my mixed states; it's easy for people in our lives, often those close to us, to feel pushed away and/or about to snap (can't really blame them), but if you have anyone in your life who is willing to be there for you no matter what, I recommend you reach out to them.  It's not always easy to do, especially when you're back and forth between mania and depression simultaneously, but without my husband, I would most certainly do something drastic.  I know this isn't the most helpful response, but I just wanted to let you know that it's okay, and hopefully you find the best option for you.  Best of luck.

-G