Photo

How do you move on from losing your true love?

Ideas?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cavy_gurl

cavy_gurl
  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Animals mostly, singing

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

Any tips or ideas on how anyone was able to make it easier to move on from losing someone you realized was your one true love. Soulmate and best friend. 

I don't think I can cope. 

Any ideas or tips...? How did you deal with it? Did working help, exercise, keeping busy?

Did you delete their number to stop contact?

I am struggling. 

#2 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Cavy Gur,

That is a really hard thing to do and bloody painful too. I  guess that given time the pain subsides but the memory of this ideal love will surface from time to time as a bitter sweet experience. We can move on with our lives BUT we take the memory of the ideal lover with us. Keeping busy helps as a distraction in the early period after the break up.

If we have abandonment /rejection  issues the separation can be unbearable and therapy may or may not help us. There is no easy way to do something that is fundamentally hard. Stopping contact is a good start,  it is easy to say but very hard to do. Try startng a new relationship but take it slowly and dont get too serious until you know the other person well.

hugs

Ed the chow hound