tornado emotions.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kewy13

kewy13
  • Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:used to be hiking, packing, skiing, anything outdoors. am woking back toward that as i get healthier.

i attend buddhist meditation at a temple nearby.

yoga, bicycling, kayaking, camping, exfoliating, making jewelry, being outdoors.

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:41 AM

they seem to be swinging up and down, more little cyclone, or tornado bursts of intesnified feelings of what ever i am experiencing...anger, hopelessness, defeat, self loathing, envy, revultion.

i just feel shitty all the time the last month or so. like i am bouncing about in a tornado, all these crappy feelings spiraling around me, and whichever one i happen to bump into amps up all the negativity.

i am having a really hard time thinking any positive thoughts. nothing positive is the first thought i have whether it is upon waking daytime or at nite. i catch it, and basically violently shove a positive statement into the barrage of pessimism consuming my thoughts.

i know it is related to hormones and my adrenals. i can have a cup of coffee and get a mood boost as well as an energy boost. i met with my nutritionist the other day and got a few supplements. crossing my fingers.

Edited by kewy13, 23 June 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#2 nell

nell
  • Members
  • 4,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

((((Kewy))))

Hoping things improve for you soon.

love Nell xxxx

#3 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

((((Kewy))))

Hoping the supplements help! Try to stay in a routine, I know I get screwed up when my routine changes......

Hang in there and vent as needed!

Love
Sheila

#4 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Kewy,

Just a thought for what its worth I find listening to bright music can banish the beast for severral hours at a time, find something with a strong beat to it, one of my favourite songs is an oldie called Labamba it works every time.

love ya

Ed the chow hound

#5 love333

love333
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

they seem to be swinging up and down, more little cyclone, or tornado bursts of intesnified feelings of what ever i am experiencing...anger, hopelessness, defeat, self loathing, envy, revultion.

i just feel shitty all the time the last month or so. like i am bouncing about in a tornado, all these crappy feelings spiraling around me, and whichever one i happen to bump into amps up all the negativity.

i am having a really hard time thinking any positive thoughts. nothing positive is the first thought i have whether it is upon waking daytime or at nite. i catch it, and basically violently shove a positive statement into the barrage of pessimism consuming my thoughts.

i know it is related to hormones and my adrenals. i can have a cup of coffee and get a mood boost as well as an energy boost. i met with my nutritionist the other day and got a few supplements. crossing my fingers.

Hi,

Bi-polar can be such a nightmare!!!! Here's what I take and it really helps. My doctor prescibes me 100 mg of lamotrigine, 1 mg clozapam. I started taking tramadol for a broken leg.....reduced to 50m 3x a day (have to buy that one fr India) and it really, really helps me (reducing anxiety and keeping mood leveled like lamotrigine(I love lamotrigine). Because my moods negativety, swings were insane--so I know what u are going thru!!!!!So sorry, so hard to keep life in check and do things. Hormone related--I am pre-menapause 45...started taking bio-identical hormones. Tesosterone/ and progesterone for pre--while estrogen is high and then switch over to estrogen when I get higher levels of testosterone. This means no menopause at all! Now, the above coctail that works for me may not work for u. You really have to push w/ doctors try new things and see what is best for u. I fought very hard to get 1 mg of colozapam (the only thing that helps w/ anxiety beside tramadol for me). Also, I was a heavy drinker---it really screwed things up for me. So, no more booze for me....negativity and craziness gets whacked!!! Best of Luck!!!