1 reply to this topic

#1 bOmBzS69

bOmBzS69
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:07 AM

Hi everyone,

I don't know exactly what everyone's condition is on here but I have Borderline Personality Disorder and Bi Polar Disorder and sometimes you could say I feel alone in having my disorders and well misunderstood cause I live with my amazing family but they have a hard time dealing with and adjusting to me have the disorders and how to cope and help me I was wondering if I could get some sorta feedback or opinions cause even myself I have my good and bad days and days where I wish I didn't have all these problems and I pray to god everyday asking him why me..!!

#2 Silently

Silently
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:painting, art, drinking (TOO MUCH), sleeping, night driving, shopping, is crying an interest?

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:45 AM

I was diagnosed with Borderline when I was in a mental hospital and sat under the desk in my room for 2 days without eating and got put on suicide watch.

My main symptoms are extreme anger, rapidly destabilized personal relationships, feelings of abandonment/emptiness and impulsiveness (primarily with substance abuse). I cope by simply taking my medication. I take 2 anti depressants, Remeron and Paxil, both high doses and they keep me relatively stable.

My advice is as follows. Go to a psychiatrist and get on the appropriate medications for your Bipolar and BPD. Prayer might make you feel better for a bit, but God isn't going to answer your questions as to why; nor is he going to make your illness go away or make it easier to cope with. These disorders are organic, based in the brain and are understood by science; and thus a scientific approach (medicine) is the appropriate way to deal with them.

If you were diabetic, you'd take insulin wouldn't you? If you had a heart condition or cancer, you'd take medication wouldn't you? You're disease is just in a different organ, the brain. When you learn to look at it that way, you'll be able to take the steps necessary to get better.