Don't want this to end

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mopeymonique

mopeymonique
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:none at the moment.........but I use to like camping, boating, music, traveling, horses, reading

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:56 PM

I'm feeling so alive I don't want this to end. My depression has lifted I don't know for how long. I am bipolar so I'm not sure if I'm manic or just feeling normal, whatever that is. I know one of my passions is to travel and I need to find a way to do that. I need to get in touch with my passions to feel truly alive again. I keep myself prisoner in my own mind and only I have the key. I love traveling to new places, staying in hotels, music, talking with inteligent people that stimulate my mind. I need this forum to talk to others who share my journey with mental illness. I question if we are really mentally ill or just extremely inteligent and march to our own drummer looking for that rare person we can relate to.

#2 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

Monique,

In my experience there is something in what you say, sensitive and intelligent people are more prone to depression than others. I also think that depressed people often but not always have mental problems as well. Perhaps Sensitivity is a core issue in both cases, the nervous system of some folks is overloaded by the stresses of living a particular high stress event that starts the depression process.

Repeated and prolonged stress can use up most of our neurotransmitters leaving our brain depleated in the essential chemicals and unable to function normally.

hugs

Ed the chow hound

Edited by Ed the chow hound, 23 August 2011 - 07:10 AM.

#3 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:world music, poetry, all creative arts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

Monique -

How are you sleeping?  If you think this is an odd question, then you probably have not really come to grips with the manic/depressive cycle.  Whenever I make statements about my passions and what I need to feel alive, if I'm also not sleeping you can bet that this is a manic phase.  Sure you need passion but when you focus on it and leave behind your more cautious self then you can get yourself into sticky situations.

I was in a foreign country....brain candy around every corner.....interesting people, fascinating culture, nothing but delights.  But it was overkill for me and I ended my trip early because some friends helped to pack me back onto a plane so I wouldn't get put into a foreign mental hospital.

To this day, I don't know why it happened.  I want to go back because it was so wonderful. But I know I have to be extra vigilant if I do that I watch out for any and all little warning signs that could turn something beautiful into a real nightmare.