Photo

How do say 'that comb-over just isn't working for you' without being rude?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 foggyfrogeater

foggyfrogeater
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Music,(exept country and western)
    Film,(expet the scary ones) Cats (all sorts) Art (Ivan Bilibin, Mucha, Hokusai, William Morris, etc) Style, Houses and Gardens of the Arts and Crafts movement. Knitting

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

So a good friend of mine who takes great pride in his appearance and has been fighting a receding hairline for a while now, has got to the phase where, it's a comb-over. There's just no hiding it.

He used to be a hairdresser, we used to make fun of the hideousness of comb-overs and now he's got one.

I don't think it's intentionally as he's always parted his hair to the side, it's just thinned to the point where, well it's a comb over.

I tried the 'have you thought about shaving your head' bit but he claims it's bumpy and hates the idea.

I don't want to come out and say ' that's a hairstyle of gigantically hideous proportions, get it sorted' he's my friend and I'll love him no matter what he does with his hair but.......................well...... you know...... it's a comb over.

He has to know doesn't he?

How do I go about telling him, or do I have to at all?

#2 winter

winter
  • Members
  • 1,216 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:i like people to send me money.
    I know this will never happen
    but i figured it was worth a try

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

no, why does he need to know. Unless he is hurting himslef or others why does how you look and what you wear have to cause outrage.