5 replies to this topic

#1 drgnfly

drgnfly
  • Members
  • 901 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Art, Books, Sleeping

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:20 PM

The doc raised my lamictal from 100 to 150 mg about three weeks ago. ( I also take Trileptal) He did this because I was still experiencing quite a bit of depression. Not to the levels I have been, but he said the lamictal was kind of an 'upper' and would help my mood regulate a little more.

I'm having the weirdest manic episode. I've had them before, the worst lasting about two weeks. I couldn't sleep, my mind was racing, I was exhausted, pissy, and miserable.

This time, I haven't been sleeping well for about two weeks. One night I couldn't sleep at all. I'm tired, but not exhausted. I'm thinking, but not having racing thoughts. My mood feels pretty normal, sort of pissy. My biggest concern is that I can't make myself eat. I've NEVER had this issue, I'm always uncontrollable and have a tendency to binge. I haven't eaten hardly a thing since Sunday. I'm trying, and I know I have to eat, but food is tasting pretty disgusting and I feel like I can't choke it down. I'm not feeling weak or anything, but I'm sure I will soon. I went to my therapist yesterday, she said she was sure it was the change in meds and if I don't start feeling better in the next couple I should call my pdoc.

I'll definitely call my doc if I don't start eating soon. Anyone else ever experienced this with food? I never thought I would turn down a cookie, but I can't even make myself eat those.

#2 natoking

natoking
  • Members
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:Boating, biking, music, conversation, world affairs, politics, love and sex.<br /><br />I am a graphic artist.

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:49 PM

DRAGONFLY! That sucks that you were feeling depressed and now up all night with no appetite. I am on Lamictal and Depekote. I too can't sleep unless I take a clonipin. Like you, it's not because of racing thoughts anymore. It's more like a light form of mania that just keeps me from falling asleep. I will admit that being awake in the middle of the night does give my head time to think while it should be resting and dreaming.

I haven't had a loss of appetite such as yours. I did eat less at one point but now they can't make enough cookies in the world for me. I eat as much as a family of 4 and I am still at my trim high school weight. weird huh? I really hope you can get this straightened out soon. I will be willing to share those cookies with you when you do.

I would definitely call your pdoc and say what's up with this! I'll be thinking of you. Why wait? Keep us updated.

Bob

#3 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:40 AM

drgnfly,

I really wouldn't wait too long before seeing your doc. The combo of not sleeping and not eating sounds potentially dangerous to me, and the last thing you need is some kind of breakdown to deal with. Meanwhile have you tried taking some liquid foods to keep you going?

((((((drgnfly)))))))

love Jillie xxxxxxx

#4 drgnfly

drgnfly
  • Members
  • 901 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Art, Books, Sleeping

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

COOKIES?? Did you say COOKIES Bob?? I'm on my way over!! ( I also can eat as much as 4, however I show every bit of it!)

Thank you all for the support. After about three more days, I developed a craving for cheetos. I started eating just as if I hadn't had any problems. A couple of days after that, I started sleeping better again. Crisis averted! I have to say, I really got a lot of reading done late at night when I couldn't sleep. I read 10 books in about 2 1/2 weeks.

Love you all,
Sabrina

#5 natoking

natoking
  • Members
  • 408 posts
  • Interests:Boating, biking, music, conversation, world affairs, politics, love and sex.<br /><br />I am a graphic artist.

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:57 PM

I am gettin' me some Cheetos!

#6 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

Hi Bob,

I am a Cookie Monster as well as a Chow Hound so invite me to your party PLEASE.

hugs

Ed the chow hound