• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lexxus

Lexxus
  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

So I keep having reocurring dreams about my ex. It's hard to forget about him and move foward when things like this happen. I feel like I'm never going to get over it. I wish I could erase all that from my mind somehow, as if it never happened. I get so anxious. There's some days I barely sleep others all I want ti do is sleep so that I wont think about anything. Uggggg I want this to end. On top of that everything else in my life isn't getting any better. :(

#2 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

I am sorry you are having the dreams and they are effecting your sleep, which is really important to maintain. All I can think of right now is to post out what is going through your mind here, or talk with a therapist about it, and keep distracting your mind and pushing in other thoughts.

Sorry to hear other things are not going well, but I know you are trying so give yourself credit for that and be kind to you.

hugs,
Sunshine

#3 Lexxus

Lexxus
  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:21 AM

I appreciate you hearing me out Sunshine. I still haven't been able to go see a therapist. Isn't that something smh. Anyways this anxiety is making it hard for me. I'm here watching movies and all that pops into my mind is, I wonder what my ex is doing or who is he with at the moment. I know I shouldn't care but deep down I do. Then I'm constantly checking the time to see when the movie will be over.

This past week I've been going to bed around 5 or 6 in the morning because I am not tired whatsoever. I'm lucky to even get 5 hours of sleep a day but as soon as I wake up I lay in bed contemplating for about an hour or two on whether I should actually get up. I've had no desire to go out and the last 2 days haven't wanted to bathe. I know it's nasty but I'm just being honest. I'm not the type to go days without showering on the contrary I shower more than once a day. It's like I'm going through all this but can't seem to journal about it either. It's times like this in which I wish the lord would just take me away while I'm asleep.

#4 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:56 AM

Lexxus,

Can you identify the unresolved issues in relation to your ex so you know what is keeping you awake at nights. Then you need to address each issue one at a time and perhaps you need therapy to do this.

love ya

Ed the chow hound

Edited by Ed the chow hound, 13 May 2010 - 07:56 AM.

#5 Lexxus

Lexxus
  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

Yes I do need therapy Uncle Ed. I'm here constantly calling back the place I used to go to. I want to be referred to another therapist. It's hard when you are limited to where you can go.

As for the unresolved issues related to my ex, I'm not sure what they are really. I'm all screwed up.

#6 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:08 AM

Lexxus,

Stay with us honey and let us support you on your road to recovery, every BTBer makes us stronger and one day we will kick the beast in the ass.

love ya

Ed the chow hound

Edited by Ed the chow hound, 01 June 2010 - 02:08 AM.

#7 Lexxus

Lexxus
  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:50 AM

Yes Ed I kno that each BTBer makes the other stronger. Thank you all for hearing me out.

As for me I've been a bit better. I've actually gotten out of the house more. I do have my little moments in which I do get all down when something pops into my mind about my ex. But part of me feels like maybe time is finally doing its job. I've started talking to a nice guy I met through a friend of mine and we are good friends. We have many things in commom including being single for about the same amount of time lol. He may be the reason why I don't think of my ex but if it wasn't for him I don't think I'd be better. It's like I have to have someone in my life if not I'm not ok.

I started going back to therapy last fri and it was with a new counsoler. It turns out that my regular counsoler was in a car accident and was injured pretty bad because she is in the hospital. The new counsoler I can related to more since we are close in age so it's as if I am talking to a close friend of mine. But I would actually like to see a psychologist so that I can be reevaluated and in depth. I have a feeling that I might have some personality disorder that has not been diagnosed.Also after taking an online quiz I am prone to at least 3.

#8 sanntick

sanntick
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Music, Games

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

Why don't you take break, and go for a holiday to some place outside your city. This may help you get over such condition. You need fresh air, and a nice refreshing environment. On going to a trip to any beautiful place, you will get the environment to think or rest your mind.

#9 BubbleGonePop

BubbleGonePop
  • Members
  • 38 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:21 AM

(((((Lexxus)))) I know exactly how you're feeling, I used to get night mares like that too. I still dream about him occasionally still.
Just want you to know you're not alone feeling that way

#10 punisher

punisher
  • Members
  • 274 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

you dont get the dreams when you dont sleep i find, otherwise wheni close my eyes i et ightmares, hurtful things i relive over and over again in my head..