11 replies to this topic

#1 bbaylor

bbaylor
  • Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:57 AM

Ummmm hi I'm back. Wow have you guys changed things. a lot has happend but I'll

update later.

When I try to post or reply the tool bar takes up text box and I can't see what I'm typing.

Edited by bbaylor, 26 March 2010 - 02:05 AM.

#2 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:33 AM

Great to "see" you ((((((bbaylor))))))

#3 bbaylor

bbaylor
  • Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:42 AM

Any suggestions on the tool bar thing? right now I'm clicking untill I hope the curser is there and hit enter untill I can see it. Works great untill I try spell check or get out then try to edit, then I can't see what i wrote.

#4 Tantalus

Tantalus

Snot pot and Firefox pusher

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:interesting things

other interesting things

etc

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:56 AM

I believe that when someone else had a similar problem Sheila suggested they update their Java, at least that's what I remember.

#5 bbaylor

bbaylor
  • Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:43 PM

Thanks Tantalus but nope, updated Java and restarted but it's still here.Something in my internet options maybe?

#6 Tantalus

Tantalus

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:

other interesting things

etc

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

Hmm, hopefully someone will come along that has an answer. Till then, what browser are you using? Have you tried accessing the site with a different browser than you are currently using?

#7 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, outdated browsers can muck it up too. Seems to me one of the newest updates to something did it too???

#8 bbaylor

bbaylor
  • Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

Bingo! Thanks guys. apparently explorer has a glitch. Google chrome got rid of it. Thanks for your patients with techno morons like me. now I just have to get a spell check button on it. I'm horrible.

Since someone sued mcdonalds for burning themselves with coffee do ya think i can sue Bic for not being able to spell :lol:

Edited by bbaylor, 26 March 2010 - 10:31 PM.

#9 Tantalus

Tantalus

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:

other interesting things

etc

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:31 PM

Personally I prefer Firefox, it ain't perfect but I like it better than Internet Explorer. Switching browsers is as easy as going to the link below and clicking on the section that says "Firefox 3.6 Free Download", at that point the installation should begin and need very little input from you in order to install. While I like Firefox, others have their own preferences, so you may get other suggestions, but if you'd like to try Firefox here's the link:

Firefox

Any questions just let me know

#10 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

Hi Brent,

Nice to see you! You are probably using Internet Explorer as your browser, so trying googling something like 'internet explorer update' and it should take you to the free download to update your program. Alternatively, try a completely different browser like Mozilla Firefox instead. You can have both installed on your 'puta, and just make the choice when you go online which one to use.

Hope you get it sorted out - I hate 'puta problems!

love Jillie xxxxx

Heh, I see Tant and I replied at nearly the same moment. Personally I use Firefox too!

X

#11 Tantalus

Tantalus

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:

other interesting things

etc

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:42 PM

I should also add that, if someone is running Windows XP as their operating system, it's not entirely clear that the newer versions of Internet Explorer will even run on XP, I've gotten conflicting reports about that. I don't know what operating system you have so this may not be an issue either way.

Viva le Firefox! :P

#12 J-H

J-H
  • Members
  • 663 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:34 PM

Personally I prefer Firefox, it ain't perfect but I like it better than Internet Explorer.

Any browser is better than Internet Explorer! I use Firefox and Opera: each have pluses and minuses.