3 replies to this topic

#1 joan2

joan2
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:None

Posted 26 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

I can't stop crying. The fear has gotten way to big. I'm 63 and trying to find a job in my field of Sales Management. Went to a job yesterday and the 20 something girl doing the hiring looked at me, well all I can say is I felt like a piece of garbage sitting there wanting a job for less than $9. an hour when I'm use to making 400 times that. But I need to work. I've lost everything and can't buy food or pay my phone at this point. I am all alone with no family or friends. Have tried to keep a more positive mood, but today after having the bank tell me they wouldn't charge me the $29. cancellation fee for the insurance company check they cashed and still canceled my insurance, I started sobbing on the phone like a baby. I have bad thoughts running through my head because I have been in this situation for two years and as I get older and older it gets worse and worse. WHY do people think someone older can't do as good a job as someone younger? I am so down, if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

#2 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

((Joan))

I cannot think of anything I can do to help, but I wanted to let you know I read your words and am hoping things turn around for you real quick. You are not alone now that you are a member of BtB as we are a group that sticks around when the going gets tough. Sorry things are so tough right now. All one can do is try and keep putting one foot in front of another. Please do keep posting and letting us know how you are. Many hugs to you.

#3 glassslipper

glassslipper
  • Members
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Reading, History, Horror film, most creative things, I think elbows are ugly along with belly buttons, but I love curries, followed by anything chocolate.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 11:20 AM

Joan, I wish I could be near you to give you a hug. I am in a bad situation right now and like you am crying a lot, like you I feel like garbage, but that aint necessarily so. My husband and I have been scraping around for pennies, we are in quite a desparate situation in Sweden, at least you are in your homeland, you know who can help you, go to them. All at BtB are here, we understand cos we are going through bad times too. I am hoping I run out of tears soon. I wish Star Trek transporter existed cos I'd zap us all to England you included.

Many moons ago someone gave me a little advise that has helped, 'you cant always make things better', but try not to make things worse', its about the only thing thats helping me at the mo. I put my face on, play stupid, play the game and am praying I come through the other side.

I know nothing about you, but is being on your own making things worse? It may seem a little silly, but what about voluntary work, not neceesarily to make yourself feel better, but to stop you mulling over things.

I am getting myself in a right tiswas and although I know it dont help, I cant help it. I try to do little tasks such as vacuuming or tidying a shelf, it just delays the terror for a while. I cant settle to read, but I am watching junk movies and for a few seconds I can get absorbed.

I am sorry I cant be by your side, but I am in your pc, PM me, I would like to hear from you.

Maria

#4 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 09 February 2010 - 12:37 PM

((((((((((Joan))))))))))

Just curious can you tell me a little about your work back ground if it is not too private a topic.

hugs

Ed the chow hound

Edited by Ed the chow hound, 09 February 2010 - 12:38 PM.