Technophobe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glassslipper

glassslipper
  • Members
  • 354 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Reading, History, Horror film, most creative things, I think elbows are ugly along with belly buttons, but I love curries, followed by anything chocolate.

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:15 AM

Hi

I would like to let you know that I am not too good with the technicalities of PCs. I feel very proud that I have managed to add friends to my list, woo hoo!!! But if I miss something, delete someone or send something blank please dont assume its me having a strop. It will be me messing up. I am floating around this forum nosing, trying stuff, I feel like a PC perv, but having the memory capacity of a gold fish, I will figure something out, feel pleased, then promptly forget it!!!

Can anyone enlighten me on the page thingys that are next to each topic, some have a little green bit on them and some have a little bit of red. I've clicked on them but nothing has happened, or should nothing happen?

Also whats the green box with 'pinned'?

ah well off for more mooching, hub is due home within a coupla hours, I am clean and so is the apartment.

My Dally did have guts ache so I was up a few times in the night, ski suit over jimjams, but i guess thats acceptable at 0200hrs etc.

love light and peace to you all

Edited by glassslipper, 07 January 2010 - 10:45 AM.

#2 J-H

J-H
  • Members
  • 663 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

Can anyone enlighten me on the page thingys that are next to each topic, some have a little green bit on them and some have a little bit of red. I've clicked on them but nothing has happened, or should nothing happen?

I am certain that one of the forum moderators or administrators will be along to more completely answer your queries, however... ... ...
The # indicate the order of the post, eg your post in this topic is # 1, when I place my cursor over that number I get message that says, "Link to post # 1", when I click on the # 1 the message alters to a dialogue box that says, "Copy the permalink below to store the direct address to this post in your clipboard", that gives each of us the ability to make links to posts that may resonate with us, that contains important information, or that we wish to return to at a later time to read again.

Also whats the green box with 'pinned'?

The colour of the Pinned function depends on which "skin" you have opted for. Skins are colour schemes that are available on the very bottom of this screen in the left-facing corner. Pinned in a function normally available to moderators/administrators that allows them to affix messages at the top of categories. Pinning those certain messages keeps them readily available and ever-present.

For instance, in this folder one of the items pinned for members convenience is public/style_images/comfy/new_post.png Using The Control Panel by "pinning" the discussion, the mods/admins keep the information readily available and instantly accessible.

I do not have ready access to a Mac to determine if the information available in the link to post # dialogue is different than for a PC, but usually the difference in operating systems on forums is minimal.

For what it is worth, J-H