How do I send private messages again!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kirsty777

kirsty777
  • Members
  • 826 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Listening to music, pottering about when can be bothered ;) reading, spending time with friends, BtB and facebk! Comedies, good food and cuddles

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:53 AM

I cant remember! hmmm

I've tried going into the person's profile page, clicking on 'send me a message' and then the screen seems to crash and turn blue? dunno might just be me :??

Edited by kirsty777, 02 January 2010 - 03:23 AM.

#2 bee

bee

Resident mini forum geek in training

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:14 AM

Hey Kirsty,

Go to the top right side of this screen where your name and profile pic is and click on the little arrow, go to the third option down which is "messenger" and click on that.
That will take you to your messenger inbox where you will be able to compose PM's.

Hope this helps!

bee

#3 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:26 PM

I cant remember! hmmm

I've tried going into the person's profile page, clicking on 'send me a message' and then the screen seems to crash and turn blue? dunno might just be me :??

Crash and turn blue.... Hmmm. What skin are you using, and make sure your Java is up to date. If you are running Windows XP, Vista, 7, use this http://www.java.com/...nload/index.jsp

All other select from here http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

What should happen is you do get that sort of frozen blue screen but you should get a pop up box to send a message in!!! Aside from this, Bee's instructions are the best ones for sending messages and for reviewing old messages!

Love

Sheila

#4 catdancing

catdancing
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2010 - 02:36 AM

Well, now I'm really depressed, I can't figure out how to post on this BTB site. I guess I'm posting something here finally. I need "BTB for Dummies." Anyway, the holiday really get me down and I'm just making it through this last one by the skin of my teeth. Please let me apologize in advance to the person that it appears I'm replying to, I just don't get how to post.

I'm very angry at myself because I know - I have good information and suggestions - on things I can do and steps I can take to get out of this funk. But I don't want to do them. I don't even want to get out of bed and get dressed, and since the day's almost gone by I guess I don't have to worry about it.

I feel ashamed to have wasted a day that I'm sure some people would give anything to have - a beautiful sunshiny day in paradise, don't have to cook or clean or pick up after anyone because I'm alone and have been alone for three years since my husband died.

I know that I need to move on and get going on a new life, I should be exercising and creating endorphins or something.

I just don't want to and can't find the energy to want to.

#5 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:04 AM

Hi catdancer,

Well, you managed to post a reply in this thread successfully, so you are on the right track!

If you go to the top right hand corner of your screen, next to your name you will find a clickable 'help' link, where you can find useful advice about a lot of forum topics, including how to post at BtB. Basically though, if you want to post an intro (always a good place to start!), then click on the underlined heading 'Introductions' in the main forum list - it will then come up with a list of introductions that others have written. At the top of this on the right hand side you will find the 'start new topic' - if you click on this you will get a window similar to the reply window you have already used....just type your message (don't forget to give it a title). When you are ready, hit 'post', and it should come up as a new topic in the Introduction folder.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to try stuff out!

love Jillie xxxxx

#6 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:13 PM

Hi Catdancer :wave: I do hope that you post again as I think this forum could really give you some well needed support. Yes I know how awful you are feeling as I have been there many times. I am in an up mood at the moment, but I could return to the pit of depression at any time. I hope you give yourself a break and realize you cannot start a "new" life while you are depressed. Do try to force yourself to go for walks, like 25 minutes, I did that this last time I was depressed, brisk walks and I think it did help some.

I look forward to your next post.

hugs,
Sunshine