Addicted to Everything?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WlkThruMyMind

WlkThruMyMind
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Poker, Fishing, Music, Writing, Football.

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:01 PM

I have a very addictive personality. Its like anything I get into I just go overboard with it. I get consumed by it.

It could be a video game, it could be poker, it could be fishing, it could be buying music.

I started playing poker, bought 50 books, played hours on end, etc etc.

Fishing, I got a boat, spent a thousand dollars on lures, bought magazines, etc etc.

Video games I sit and get into for hours and days on end, never putting them down.

Music, I seem to by like 3 or 4 cds a week, just adding more and more to my collection.

Its like I am a hoarder. No matter what I do, or what I get into, its like I JUST GET OVER OBSESSED about it. Addicted.

I used to do drugs, but now I dont. Then I drank, but now I dont. I guess these things are better then drugs and liquor, but I still dont feel like its healthy. I just take everything to the limit, not worried about finances, or time for other people, or whatever.But these things keep my mind ocupied and make me feel better, even if for a short while. So its like a gift and curse.

Any advice?

#2 cookiemonster2809

cookiemonster2809
  • Members
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

I call them kicks. I get on food kicks too. Whatever I crave I eat it all the time. I also have an escapist personality. My boyfriend helped me with some of that. He said as soon as you crave to drink or whatever just distract yourself with something else. The more you think about it the more you want it. I also had a shopping addiction which put me in to all kinds of debt. So now when I think about what I want etc I just move on to something else and stay away from the shops!