• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NJCat

NJCat
  • Members
  • 3,120 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:58 AM

Hi, again! I know I can search for "New content" that is new since I've last logged in, however, what if I want to search for all content in the forums that's been posted in the past 2 days for example? Can I mark everything "Unread" maybe? (just thought of that)
I tried the advanced search which allows a date range, but requires a search word. So I put in the word "the" for a search word, LOL, because I want to search through all. It's easier than going through each forum individually and checking.
But then I got no results. (Now, I'm sure someone has used the word "the" ... LOL).

Any advice?

Thanks.

ooooooooooh i found something helpful already. In "my settings" .... there are New Content Settings. I changed mine from "view posts since last visit" to "view all unread posts". Which I think might do the trick. :)

#2 Tantalus

Tantalus

Snot pot and Firefox pusher

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:interesting things

other interesting things

etc

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

Great tip! Thanks Carol.

#3 listener

listener
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:23 AM

Hmm. I tried doing that but it only allowed me the option of viewing all posts that i 'have not read'.

I used to rely a lot on the function that showed all the posts, or active threads, from the last day/two weeks/ etc. It kind of helped to jog my memory of things that I had participated in and was interested in following up, or things I might like to come back to and read when I had more time. Is there really no way of doing that now? Maybe I just have to get my head around the way these new options work...?

#4 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 09 October 2009 - 08:52 AM

Hi Carol,

I think the board only has the option for 'posts since your last visit' or 'today's active content' (posts from last 24 hours). You won't get a search result for a word of 3 letters, you have to use at least 4.

I could be wrong, I'm not the techy one, as you know!

love Jillie xxx