• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Datawolf

Datawolf
  • Members
  • 386 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:26 AM

So I'm at the end of my second week of addiction treatment. I checked myself in after relapsing right after getting out of detox. Things are going better. I still have bad days but at least I'm not in a position to go out and gamble/smoke crack and have to face them head on.

A lot of stressful stuff happened over the past couple of days, but that's a rant for another topic and I don't have much time left (I'm only allowed to be online for 45 minutes at a time).

CrazyHorse DiamondDragon and I have also buried the hatchet, and I'm getting lots of support from my old roommate and my mother and sister out east.
Also, being surrounded by people who share the goal of living sober, happy lives is very comforting and uplifting.

All in all, this is working out pretty well, though I'm still faced with the challenge of figuring out how do deal with the "real" world once I get out. Fortunately, I still have about three months left to figure that out.

In short, I just thought I would check in and let you guys know how I'm doing. Peace out until next time.

#2 kirsty777

kirsty777
  • Members
  • 826 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Listening to music, pottering about when can be bothered ;) reading, spending time with friends, BtB and facebk! Comedies, good food and cuddles

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:39 AM

(((((Datawolf))))))

Way to go you for seeking treatment and facing your demons. Dont give yourself a hard time for relapsing, you got back on the wagon and thats all that matters. I relapsed last weekend after going to a music festival and i spent 4 days after it utter hell just not wanting to be here but its got easier and im not giving myself a hard time anymore because of it.

You're doing so well, please keep updating us on your progress. We're behind you every step of the way :?: :?:

#3 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2009 - 04:40 PM

(((((Datawolf))))

#4 Tantalus

Tantalus

Snot pot and Firefox pusher

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:interesting things

other interesting things

etc

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

Best of luck to you Datawolf, I wish you well in your journey. Let us know how things are going when you get the chance.

#5 kewy13

kewy13
  • Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:used to be hiking, packing, skiing, anything outdoors. am woking back toward that as i get healthier.

i attend buddhist meditation at a temple nearby.

yoga, bicycling, kayaking, camping, exfoliating, making jewelry, being outdoors.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:52 AM

((((((((datawolf))))))))))

#6 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

((((Rob))))

Good to see you and glad to hear you're in treatment! My nephew is off today to addiction treatment as well... Keep us updated on your progress when you can. You can do this!!

Love

Sheila :?:

#7 Datawolf

Datawolf
  • Members
  • 386 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:02 PM

I've just finished the first twenty-eight days. We had a little awards ceremony where everyone got a certificate and a pat on the back. Next up is the life skills course, which I think is another couple of months or so.

#8 drgnfly

drgnfly
  • Members
  • 901 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Art, Books, Sleeping

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:10 AM

(((((Datawolf))))) Congrats on 28 days!! You should be really proud of yourself. **Patting you on the back** :yea:

#9 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 01 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

Hi Rob,

Glad you checked in to update us, I wondered how it was going in rehab. Well done for sticking to the program! I am glad that it is giving you some time and help before you are back 'out there'.

Good luck!

love Jillie xxxxxxxx

#10 ControlIsSlippingAway

ControlIsSlippingAway
  • Members
  • 684 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Music

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:40 PM

Congrats on your 28 36 days! Hope it'll keep on getting better :smile:

Edit: Took out the calculator and did some math..

Edited by ControlIsSlippingAway, 08 August 2009 - 11:41 PM.

#11 Datawolf

Datawolf
  • Members
  • 386 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:06 PM

So I emailed a friend of mine a few days ago and confessed to her where I was and how I was doing. I'm trying to build up a support network for the "outside" because it's easy to stay clean in here; the "outside" world is where the real challenge lies.

She responded with a detailed offer of not only moral support, but hook-ups with meetings and even an NA sponsor! I was all... lol wut.

Also, my group went out to see a football game last night and it was actually kind of fun (my first football game ever). In addition, I discovered that I like cheerleaders almost enough to want to sleep with one. Almost.

#12 ControlIsSlippingAway

ControlIsSlippingAway
  • Members
  • 684 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Music

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:50 PM

I've never had any addiction myself, but that seems like you're preparing for a life outside and I think that's really great that you try to get that support around in case you feel a bad period coming around. As you wrote, the life after the program will contain temptations but you took yourself into treatment which I think is great, and it seems like you're very motivated to kick it.
Sorry to bust in here, I just wanted to give you (and everybody else trying to stop) lots of credit for trying to get clean, I do hope you'll get great support from people with more experience of addiction.

#13 Datawolf

Datawolf
  • Members
  • 386 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Things are starting to get a little out of hand here, though. My roommate has been drinking and I can't tell anyone here because he'll get kicked out. On the plus side, I've been writing again (I've got TWO WHOLE POEMS done as of this post) and have a date for next week (we're going on a "ghost walk").