where is everyone

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 turkstragal

turkstragal
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:43 AM

I am fairly new to this site and have only been here a couple of times..I come hoping there will be someone around to talk with..Each time I am here and I go to the chat rooms there is not one person there..Where is everyone..Is it that there just are not that many members or does no one use the chatrooms for another reason..Anyhow I am usually online in the evenings after 8pm EST..If there is anyone out there that would like to talk look me up some evening..I promise to come here more often just to check in and see if anyone is around....

#2 kirsty777

kirsty777
  • Members
  • 826 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Listening to music, pottering about when can be bothered ;) reading, spending time with friends, BtB and facebk! Comedies, good food and cuddles

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:52 AM

Hey there

Sorry you havent had anyone to chat with. It has been quiet, I think thats been because people are on holiday, summer holidays for kids and students, the sunshine has a more positive affect on some people's moods..although have noticed alot of new people joining recently dont know if you guys and some of the regulars want to try and arrange a time to meet up in chat? If im around i'd come for a chat and im sure so would some of the others if they were free aswell? Just a thought :??

#3 Rck4

Rck4
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:01 AM

I've been a member a few months now, and try to log in daily. I've never noticed anyones in the chats. :/ Although I stopped checking after the 1st few weeks.

Has Btb ever had scheduled chat sessions, to try and get masses gathered?

#4 bee

bee

Resident mini forum geek in training

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:33 AM

The use of the chat room seems to come and go in spurts, there used to be scheduled chats which went quite well for a while and then they died off, people tend to get busy or have other commitments in daily life there are also people from different parts of the world that some chat times just don't suit...

The warmer weather is upon the people in the US and Canada where I think a majority of our members are from and usually these months are slow on the board because people are getting out into the sun and enjoying the warmer weather.

You are more than welcome to try and set up a time and day for a chat and see what kind of response you get, but don't forget to that the board guidelines are to be remembered when using the chat room as you would using the forum.

bee

#5 Qtkira

Qtkira
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

Hey all,

I also noticed that no one really uses the chat, but I would be interested if someone where to arrange some set times. I leave on the East Coast, US.