confused

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arigrace

arigrace
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

well my sister is anorexic and when she got it she denied loosing weight or limiting herself and didn't realize what what happening to herself even when she was in the hospital for the first time.

now, my mom is crazy worried that i am loosing weight. well i have lost a couple pounds but i am still in a healthy weight range. she thinks that there is something wrong with me like i have an ED. but i don't limit myself, and i still eat a wide variety of things. i just eat when i am hungry. also sometimes at school i don't eat all my lunch because im so stressed out im just not hungry for it but other than that i eat every meal and snacks. im just worred that i could also be falling into an ED and not even know it like my sister did. for now i think im fine but im just a little worried.

also my mom asked my sister what she thought of my weight and of course she ageed with her that i was loosing weight. but i don't know if she said that because that's what she truly believed or if it was because she wanted the attention to be taken off of her.

#2 JohnR

JohnR
  • Members
  • 837 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:05 PM

I can understand your mom being worried about you. It's a parent's natural instinct, especially since your sister already suffers from an ED.

If your weight is in the healthy weight range and you are being objective about your weight loss, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The best person to ask would be your doctor -someone who has your best interests in mind and is not caught up by emotions.

#3 pita

pita

Resident Pit bull

• Board Moderator
  • 5,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

I was worried about my son for a bit. He felt like he was the 'biggest' one of his friends so he started dieting. He lost quite a bit. When I asked him how much he was going to lose he said that he didn't know. That was when I took him to the Doctor so that they could discuss what a healthy weight was etc.. Now I don't worry about him as much because he has an idea of where he wants his weight to be and he does eat a variety of foods. He cuts back on sweets and soda and stuff. So, I think that if you tell your Mom that you are eating a healthy diet and that you are in a normal weight range. Show that you know what you are doing and understand her concerns....I am sure that she will be able to worry less and you will worry less too.

-pita

#4 Rck4

Rck4
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:51 AM

im just worred that i could also be falling into an ED and not even know it like my sister did.

You seem to have a good idea of what your healthy weight range is. If you are worried, keep an eye on it. And like John said, try and be objective. Only you know how comfortable you are with eating, but if you start to fall outside of the healthy limits b/c you aren't/can't eat, then input from a doctor may be in order.

Thank you for sharing. Best wishes.

Rick