Photo

informative site on bp

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stuckin neutral

stuckin neutral
  • Inactive
  • 190 posts
  • Location:iowa, usa. cornfields thats about all here, i hate it!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

i found this site by Jim Phelps, M.D.; Corvallis, OR, very helpful.
http://www.psycheducation.org/

it has a long section on bp2 and how instead of hypomania pple get other changes
made me wonder if i was bp2.

http://www.psycheduc...nosis.html#soft

so might be worth a read when you get time.
there is alot of good information on the site.

#2 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

Thank you so much for posting this. These are some new factors that may occur with bi-polar II that I have not read about, but do support my diagnosis of BP II. Thanks again.

Hugs,
Sunshine

#3 stuckin neutral

stuckin neutral
  • Inactive
  • 190 posts
  • Location:iowa, usa. cornfields thats about all here, i hate it!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:38 PM

your welcome. yes they are some new things, ive read about bp2 before thinking perhaps i fit, but when i read this new stuff it makes me think its a stronger possibility. id never read this information any where else and ive read alot trying to help myself. they say bp is often missed or not diagnosed correctly. and i believe thats true, as many docs just dont want to take the time needed to make a definate diagnosis.

this is really the best site ive seen, the stuff on the brain is neat too.

#4 BikerJoe

BikerJoe
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

Just got back from the Psych yesterday and he put me on Lamactil. Said I was Bipolar 1. I have had TLE for 5.5 years now and am on Zonisamide, Lyrica, and Ativan (and now Lamactil). Seizures never went away but went from Grand Mal, to bad complex partial where I moan real load, to just sit and staring (where no one can really tell I am having them). But, I have angry feelings, frustration, bitterness, and anxiety before the seizures and depression afterwards. There is a small period after the depression where I am my normal self. Then the cycle starts again. Have always been this way, my family says. So there must be some connection that they are finally discovering.