ADD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:34 PM

Anyone else here dealing with adult ADD or ADHD? I was diagnosed with as an adult and taking medication along with the antidepressants made a big difference...so much so that I went off the antidepressants because I thought I was so much better and could handle things without them. And I was ok for a while but the depression is bad again so I need to get back on them. I continued the adderall so at least when I take that I'm not a total slug and can concentrate better.

#2 FuzzyFuture

FuzzyFuture
  • Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:55 PM

a very late reply, but yes I apparently have (and have been diagnosed w/) ADD. I think the ADD meds help one concentrate, maybe even feel better in the shorterm (like a given day) but the anti-depressents are probably needed for fixing depression (longer term). (Possible exception is for mild cases of both, i have read that Wellbutrin (bupropion) could do "double duty", but it wasn't enough for me (at least up to 150 mg; i don't think we tried 300.

I can be unsad and focussed, unsad and unfocussed, sad and unfocussed. If I'm really down it's hard to focus ADD or not, so the 4th possiblitiy isn't so common.