1008 replies to this topic

#1 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Board Moderator
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:41 AM

Paradise Beach. Welcome to a magical place of relaxation and fun, where your every wish can come true.

Letís follow this tiki lit path, just 'round the bend, to a most beautiful setting, where Sycamore and I have created the wonderful
S & S Beachside Bar

Enjoy the crisp, sweet air and the colorful plants and flowers. Ah, here is Brad, one of our 6 Beach Bum servers, BB for short, with a flower necklace for each of you. The flowers here are fragrant & edible, very tasty. Ah, see the twinkling, blinking lights spelling out
ĎS & S Beachside Barí?

Paradise Beach always has lovely weather, thus bamboo & thatched roof are ideal for a bar. Here is our unique marble oval bar allowing everyone to converse. Please, have a seat on a swing or a stool; enjoy a delicious drink created by our Wild Native Drink Expert.

Yes, the candlelight and rhythmic music is very relaxing. Ah, today the glasses are green elephants with bright pink paper umbrellas.

Follow me to our soft sand beach. Jill and Brad are setting up the tables in the sand. We do have a limited menu, until we raise more capital. Yonder are the hammocks slung between palm trees and cabanas.

This is the lovely Sycamore who will show you around from here, I must tend to the deliveries.

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! Please make yourself at home. We hope you enjoy your stay. You'll find personalized service from our Beach Bums wait staff, who are here to assure you have a great time.

Take in the colors around you, from the beautiful butterflies and flowers to the prayer flags floating gently in the breeze. The air ... light and sweet, a kiss from nature.

Here is our Moonlight Dance Floor, where you can gaze up at the stars at night. A karaoke machine, for you wild ones, come and sing your heart out. Get lei'd, you'll find a wide selection of flower lei's fresh cut and ready to go.

Please enjoy a stroll along Coconut Grove. A bit further down the beach is Kewy's Zen Garden, which is a grassy knoll, with sandy paths, and healing stones. Hear the Tibetan prayer flags softly 'pop' in the wind.

Off to the left is our volleyball court, come in your bikinis and briefs to play!

Up and over to the right is our Waterfall Pool. It is deep so you can dive in from the top of the cliff, if you dare! Order a drink from the swim up Palapa Bar, lay out in the sun and tan, or slide into the jacuzzi. Come meet Raul, our cabana boy, he will show you the ropes around here.

This way to the spectacular Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden. Every color under the sun can be seen here, whether a favorite butterfly or a beautiful flower. We have overhanging shade trees, with benches underneath, and arches draped with honeysuckle. The grass is soft and cool; it is simply dreamy being here.

ENJOY your stay, if you have any questions please ask the Beach Bums, Sunshine, or me, Sycamore.

Remember, come often, stay long, and Enjoy!

#2 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,073 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:32 AM

WOW!

This is so beautiful!

I don't know where to go first!

Maybe I should just sip a cocktail while I decide.....! :P

#3 kewy13

kewy13
  • Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:used to be hiking, packing, skiing, anything outdoors. am woking back toward that as i get healthier.

i attend buddhist meditation at a temple nearby.

yoga, bicycling, kayaking, camping, exfoliating, making jewelry, being outdoors.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:47 AM

:y: find me in the zen garden raking for now!! i will contemplate a drink soon.....
kewy

#4 kewy13

kewy13
  • Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:used to be hiking, packing, skiing, anything outdoors. am woking back toward that as i get healthier.

i attend buddhist meditation at a temple nearby.

yoga, bicycling, kayaking, camping, exfoliating, making jewelry, being outdoors.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:20 AM

Posted Image

#5 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:13 AM

Hi Guys,

Have you got a beachside table and seat for an old chow hound? I could use a salad sandwich and a diet coke while I watch that great ocean view.

Gee it is good to be retired and watch the young folks enjoying the beach life style, takes me back forty years or more.....................................I just had a seniors moment, what was I talking about, now let me see, where is sunshine the Legal Eagle?

love ya madly

Ed the chow hound
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by JennyLou, 30 July 2008 - 10:27 AM.
(fixed a runaway smiley) :)

#6 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,073 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:18 AM

Hi Ed, great to see you! :D

I hope you don't mind if I share your beachside table and relax along with you? I think Sunshine is out for a walk with Heidi finding artistic bits of driftwood for the bar.

I could just sit here all day listening to the surf and the birds....

love Jillie xxxxx

#7 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

Jillie,

Please take a seat, the beaches in Florida and the Keys are fantastic all the year around so thats why I set up my motel there in cyberland. There is something soothing about the sea that appeals to my soul, I used to scuba dive for days on end in my twenties before I got married and had kids.

I think this place is going to be a big success and a great escape for all of us.

love ya

Ed the chow hound

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Ed the chow hound, 30 July 2008 - 10:44 AM.

#8 pita

pita

Resident Pit bull

• Board Moderator
  • 5,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:15 AM

This place is beautiful! Hello everyone! I am going to head over to the pool. I love waterfalls. I'll watch the cliff divers. I did that a couple of times in my early twenties. I wouldn't dare now...but watching would be fun.

-pita

#9 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,571 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

*grabs towel and heads to pool as well*

#10 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Board Moderator
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

So glad you like it *lets out breath she was holding* !!

Uncle Ed we have a therapeutic hammock waiting for you and Krystel will bring you all you want, no not THAT. I see Krystel has brought your salad sandwich and coke. Now we are limited in the food we can serve, not being able to buy a kitchen yet....can you tell we broke the budget on other things? Anyway, we will always keep on hand apple pie and ice cream.

No worries, there are no mosquito's or other biting pests, we brought in extermination birds, who remain on hand for the stray one or two.

Yes, where to start is a good questions. We could be here forever....and all of us putting up new places, new activities. I hope Syc and I have created a relaxing backdrop for all of you and provided some ready to go relaxing spots.

Found a few pieces of nice drift wood to add to the collection at the bar Brad, what do you think? Worth putting sealer on and hanging up? Yea, I know I have collected a LOT, yes I think you are right there is enough here now.

Off to Kewy's Zen Garden to cleanse the spirit then on to Sycamore's Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden to feed my soul. Hope to be back by happy hour...looking forward to an exciting new native species drink, and lob some vodka in there this time will ya'? No, I mean pour more in and make it a jumbo with a full sized umbrella. No, I am not doing any building tonight, so don't worry.

Oh, Sycamore and I have decided the drinks are on the house on August 1, 2008 for the BTB 6th Anniversary, so one more reason to come, 'eh?

Kewy I am heading for that location you posted....what is that feature? Looks relaxing.

Thanks so much for coming by Jillie, Uncle Ed, Sheila, Pita, Poison Ivy. Bring others please.

All together BB's "Come often, stay long, and Enjoy!!"

#11 Hangingon

Hangingon

• Root Admin
  • 21,571 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 02:08 PM

It's 11:00 am here, and I am on vacation....... I think I'll head over to the bar for a Coors Light!!!!!! :D

#12 pita

pita

Resident Pit bull

• Board Moderator
  • 5,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

Can you bring one back for me too?!

I'll get the next round promise!

-pita

#13 sycamore

sycamore
  • Members
  • 1,175 posts
  • Interests:adventure

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

YAWN....S-T-R-E-T-C-H...

Ho hum, wha time is it? Sunshine have the guests arrived? I was napping in one of the theraputic hammocks when I woke up to see Uncle Ed's cheery face!

"Mornin' Uncle Ed," "are you enjoying your sandwich?"

"Sunshine, we out did ourselves!"

"Welcome everybody, enjoy yourselves, we are here to make sure your time with us is relaxing and enjoyable."

"Poizon, how was your Pina Colada? Did you like our new fancy glasses we serve it in?"

"Hangingon, Pita, are your beers cold enough?"

Ok Kids, I'm off to make the rounds, please note we are a 'pet-friendly' establishment and cats, birds and dogs all get along here so I've decided to bring my Border Collie named 'Sycamore' to keep Sunshine's precious 'Heidi' company. Feel free to turn your pets loose so they can enjoy themselves too.

Sunshine, did you tell the folks about our 'pig roast'? That's right, we're having a luau on BTB's anniversary and we're roasting a pig to celebrate. Please stop by on the 1st...our menu will be posted in a little while.
In the meantime, get a tropical drink or beer or wine to help us with our opening.

Remember...Come often, stay long and Enjoy!

#14 pita

pita

Resident Pit bull

• Board Moderator
  • 5,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

PIG ROAST??

I hope noone brought their pet pig.

I'm still waiting for sheila to come back with the beer. She obviously got distracted.

-pita

#15 sycamore

sycamore
  • Members
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

PIG ROAST??

I hope noone brought their pet pig.

I'm still waiting for sheila to come back with the beer. She obviously got distracted.

-pita

NO not a 'pet pig roast',

This was a wild hog from down south... he has tusks and a mean bite! Trust me, we were doing the farmers down there a favor!

#16 pita

pita

Resident Pit bull

• Board Moderator
  • 5,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

Do you roast him with the tusks on?
Will there be an apple in his mouth or is that just a myth?

Heck, I'd even eat him if he were a pet pig. I've eaten rabbit...I mean really now.

Sheila...did you get lost? I think that I need a little cooler over here with some Coors Lite. Sheila...if you ever get back, I will save one for you.

-pita

#17 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,073 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

*snaps fingers*

Ah, Mr Beach Bum, please will you take a cooler of beer down to the lady at the pool?

*eyes retreating rear view appreciatively*

Ok Pita, now you owe me - I am expecting you on best behaviour! :P

#18 Hangingon

Hangingon

• Root Admin
  • 21,571 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2008 - 08:36 PM

Sorry Pita..... Drank yours and my own....... Several times....... That said, this time I didn't.

*Sits with Pita*

#19 sycamore

sycamore
  • Members
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 10:23 PM

Of course our pig has an apple in his mouth, no myth about that!
...and yes we leave the tusks on during roasting.

Sheila, was that you stumbling around by the cabana? Thought so...as long as you're having fun!

Edited by sycamore, 30 July 2008 - 10:24 PM.

#20 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Board Moderator
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

Well now I am thirsty....going to Palupa bar for a bear beer.

How is everyone doing? Looks like you all are having a good time. Now don't worry, there will be no burning in the sun here so leave that sunblock for RL.

Thanks for telling everyone about the pig roast you and I are hosting. Details, deliveries, ah another bear beer please. Thank you....cool giraffe glass.

I am so glad you got a good sleep Syc you have been putting in a lot of hours getting the Bar ready for our guests. I dozed off, I must admit in the Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden and did not make it to Kewy's Zen Garden. Just happened.

Hey Brad, toss me one of those flower necklaces I am in the mood for a snack. Raul you are so sharp, yes a cabana would be nice about now. Oh Syc Heidi just loves playing with Sycamore thanks for bringing them together.

Sycamore & Sunshine Beachside Bar.....THE place to go, yeah.

Remember.....Visit often, stay long and Enjoy !!