am i addicted?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 courage the bear

courage the bear
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:59 AM

so lately i've been falling into some new bad habits. really sort of in denial i guess, but a few other ones have been bothering me too.

i can't sleep without taking something first. i've been like that for years. i don't want people to think i'm an addict. i don't want to be one.
when i have a really bad day or kind of just want to relax i've been smoking..and i don't mean cigarettes. it helps me relax and helps me let go of a lot. on the other hand i get really guilty about it. i think about doing it a lot. i think i'm falling into some bad habits. i should stop but i'm afraid to. i'm really afraid in general. are my meds masking the truth or is that truth warped? sad part is i shouldn't even be asking that.

am i addicted?

#2 oldblackdog

oldblackdog
  • Members
  • 963 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

(((((courage))))) since this is bothering you so much, maybe it would help to talk to your doctor or therapist. there is a difference between chemical dependence and addiction. chemical dependence is when your body needs a substance to function properly. addiction is when a substance is harming your body, but you can't help but take it. you are very young and there is so much life ahead of you. please talk to a professional that you trust.

love,
the old dog

#3 sunny

sunny
  • Members
  • 686 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:gardening animals

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:48 AM

:kiss: