Bulimia?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_*Fluffy*_*

Guest_*Fluffy*_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

Quick question; Is it still technically Bulimia if you don't binge before you purge? i.e. if you proceed to induce vomiting after eating relatively little?

Thank you,

Fluffy

#2 amber_bamber

amber_bamber

Undie matching police

• Members
  • 2,317 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:facebook....hamsters...degus...cats.

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

i would say it was although im no medical professional so dont take my word as gospel...imho its bulemia if you vomit after eating...however much...maybe you should seek medical help if you suffer from this as it has many long term health risks and obviously the mental reasons behind you doing this should be investigated.

amber

#3 Broken Wings

Broken Wings
  • Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:31 PM

I haven't looked it up anywhere, but I'm prety shure that if you have such big issues with food that it's affecting your everyday life and health it is classified as an eating disorder. I'm also prety shure that throwing up after eating fits that bill...

I do hope you choose to seek some help for this. Nothing feels quite as wasted as years spent on obsessing over food, weight and calories when you realise that all it leaves you is a shot-to-hell health and no friends.
Having any kind of eating disorder will affect your mental and physical health, but how severely it will do that is up to you.
Claim your life back, I'll be rooting for you :?:

#4 Guest_*Fluffy*_*

Guest_*Fluffy*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

Thank you Amber and Broken Wings, both for your replies and your support.

It seems that every description I've read of it listed the symptoms as first binging then purging. Although I have done this on occasion I rarely eat enough to call it 'binging'. I've induced vomiting after eating as little as a slice of bread.

I don't really see it as a huge problem. It's something I choose to do if I feel I've eaten too much or unnecessarily. Making amends after making a mistake so to speak. Even if the benefits are purely psychological. I'm fully aware of the risks to my health. We take many risks in life. Even crossing the road is a risk with today’s driving standards, but it's something we have to do in order to get to where we want to be. I used to be fat and I was utterly miserable. Sometimes the risks outweigh the consequences.

I want to make it clear that I am, in no way endorsing my actions or encouraging others to do the same. But, as an adult, it's a risk I choose to take.

I mean no offence by anything I've said and my full support and best wishes go out to anyone whose detrimental eating habits are entirely involuntary.

Thank you again,

Fluffy