You would never know

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spring08

spring08
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:01 PM

Wow...it seems I could post in every category on this site!

So, on the outside, I appear as the most healthy person ever...I am fairly disciplined about going to the gym. I buy healthy foods and usually eat healthy (in front of others). I appear healthy. I have been bulimic for almost 20 years....since age 12.

But, underneath it all I feel like a fat cow. I have gained about 10 pounds since I got remarried. My eating is out of control. Ofcourse, I'm purging everything Im eating but I think Ive hit a plateau.

I just want to be normal. Eat a normal portion. Work out regularily. Lose the stupid 10 pounds. The more I see I gain weight though the more crazy it makes me...its a horrible cycle.

Any support or advice to get back on track would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Silently

Silently
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:painting, art, drinking (TOO MUCH), sleeping, night driving, shopping, is crying an interest?

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:06 PM

(((spring)))

I know where you're coming from. I used to purge a lot when I was younger, sometimes still do. Everytime I eat something that isn't a salad I feel guilty and feel like I'm getting fat. Sometimes if I feel really bad about it I'll starve myself for a day and try to forget about it. I used to exercise a lot too, now and days I do it maybe once a week, even though that, and eating normally is what I should be doing.

*hugs*

-Chelsea

Edited by Silently, 23 March 2008 - 11:35 PM.

#3 MikeInVa

MikeInVa
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

Wow...it seems I could post in every category on this site!

So, on the outside, I appear as the most healthy person ever...I am fairly disciplined about going to the gym. I buy healthy foods and usually eat healthy (in front of others). I appear healthy. I have been bulimic for almost 20 years....since age 12.

But, underneath it all I feel like a fat cow. I have gained about 10 pounds since I got remarried. My eating is out of control. Ofcourse, I'm purging everything Im eating but I think Ive hit a plateau.

I just want to be normal. Eat a normal portion. Work out regularily. Lose the stupid 10 pounds. The more I see I gain weight though the more crazy it makes me...its a horrible cycle.

Any support or advice to get back on track would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I wish I had some support to offer but lately I've been absolutely struggling with my nutrition as well....I simply don't have a desire to eat much of anything & find it nearly impossible just to try & eat one small meal.

Today while out running some errands for instance all I could manage to eat for lunch was a few bites of a pizza sandwich & now that it's dinnertime here I'm once again finding myself just frowning at the potential choices that have been proposed.Now I wouldn't say that I have an ED(at least not yet) but I just have a real hate/hate relationship with food these days,my tdoc has been getting on my case about it too & I know I need to improve my nutritional habits but I just find it nearly impossible to break the cycle so I can understand where you're coming from.