#1 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:54 PM

((((All))))

It's time for us to pass on our thoughts and best wishes to you all for this coming New Year. We'd like to take this opportunity, as usual, to pass on a few reflections we have about BTB, and about you guys.

Sometimes we still do find ourselves to be in awe of what Beating the Beast has grown into, none of us really expected to grow this big or be around this long.

We've had our shares of ups and downs here, as always. I think the thing that hit us, as Admins, the hardest this year was the loss of Rick aka Romanoff aka Rachel Ann. For a while Jillie and I weren't certain if we could carry on, knowing how depression sometimes can just cruelly snatch someone away like that.

We've laughed and we've cried and yes, we have even screamed out loud with frustration in the past year and I am certain I have sent some things flying over hosting issues. It's difficult at best to hold a forum together and attempt to keep the membership content with things.

Some old faces have departed, many new faces have stepped in as is the nature of any internet forum, change is inevitable. Amazes us every time how you, the membership, embrace new and old faces alike and offer up your support and wisdom to help someone else with their struggles.

A special heart felt thanks to every one of you for helping to make this place what it is today, a safe place to come and vent and share with each other.

Best wishes to you and yours for the upcoming new year. :ch:

Love

Sheila , Jillie, Bee and moderators

#2 Broken Wings

Broken Wings
  • Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 11:30 PM

*bowes to all the admins for starting this site and keeping it alive*
Some day I'll give you the whole story that lead me to find me this site and try to express how much it has ment to me.. BUT this is not the time or the tread to do so ;)

I wish you all a marvelous year and hope that the beast will treat you kind!
Love ya all
~Wings

#3 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:30 AM

Some day I'll give you the whole story that lead me to find me this site and try to express how much it has ment to me.

:D I look forward to hearing it!

Love

Sheila

#4 seratonin sister

seratonin sister
  • Members
  • 2,452 posts
  • Interests:Chocolate.The internet.

Posted 30 December 2007 - 04:30 PM

I just wanted to say many thanks for all the hard work that you put in here Sheila ,Jillie, Bee & mods.I may not always post on here but I certainly have a nose every now & then.I wish that every member here could be free of the horrible crap that the beast throws at us.

Take care all.
With much love
Jane

#5 this is me

this is me
  • Members
  • 2,675 posts
  • Interests:book and more books

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:53 PM

Thank you so much for keeping this going. You have created a safe space for us to live when it is to dark to be in the real world.

I wish us all peace in the new years. And I wish the mods knowledge of their worth in the work they do.

#6 SereneTragedy

SereneTragedy
  • Members
  • 1,973 posts
  • Interests:Singing...dancing...<br />wishing I knew how to fly....

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:49 PM

Thank you Admins and Mods who make this place so wonderful.
And a special thank you to each and every person here.

May this year bring a new light to us all.
~Rae

#7 paul

paul
  • Members
  • 2,608 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:IM into Astronomy, photography and Ancient Egypt

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:59 PM

Thanks for making this place so welcoming, not just for me but for all of us and I hope we all have the best 2008 we can possibly have.

#8 jep

jep
  • Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

:bighug:

thank you too Sheila, Jillie, Bee, moderators and the whole entourage for creating this wonderful forum and the commitment it must take
to keeping it going! you are simply bloody marvellous!!!

Happy new year to all of us. Let's make 2008 a healthy, full and creative year!

love to you all and best wishes

jep xxxXxxXx

#9 sunny

sunny
  • Members
  • 686 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:gardening animals

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:00 AM

there are no words...just thanks and love and...
all the best to btb in 2008

#10 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:41 AM

Hugs and kisses to you all :?: :kiss:

Your efforts mean the world to us - hope you know that. And, we certainly do not expect perfection (as if that existed).

Were everyone to be content all the time, I do believe we would become disconnected with the world and others. A little rough edge jazz keeps life well life.

Where ever you are Roman....we still love you.

#11 Aud

Aud
  • Members
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:26 PM

Happy New Year to the BtB team

#12 sofarsogood

sofarsogood
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

Hi, I just came back yesterday after a long while. I sort of go in and out like a tourist who comes back to the same place every year.

But every time I've come back, the admins and mods are there and the flavor of this site is the same, even if the look has changed.

I wish everyone here a healthy and serene new year. And thanks to everyone who makes this a safe place.

Cheers

Mary

PS I'm jealous of some of the avatars here! I need to let go of my llama, I think :D

#13 kittycats_legacy

kittycats_legacy
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

Thanks to all the admins for keeping this place a safe place for people to share what they are going thru. I don't really post all that much but when I have I found the great people on this fourum to be very supportive. So best wishes for the new year as this forum continues to be place when their seems to be no other.

#14 winter

winter
  • Members
  • 1,216 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:i like people to send me money.
    I know this will never happen
    but i figured it was worth a try

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:56 AM

thankyou so much everyone for being my mate this year, the mods are fab and i look forward to getting to know you all a little better this year.
i hope we have many silly times and maybe pee ourselves laughing many times, i of course will always be around to hand out the tenna pads.

keep up the good work all slaying the beast mighty warriors.

#15 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:51 AM

Winter,

I am a tarot buff and I was wondering what card you would pick for your significator.

love ya

Ed the tarot hound

:D :?? :D

#16 KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit
  • Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:30 PM

As I am getting older I am learning to welcome and embrace each new year. Each year brings forth new experiences which give us a chance to learn and grow. Sometimes we do not always see the opportunity while going through certain situations, but the opportunity is there for the taking.

Happy New Year BTB!

Deb

#17 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 27 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

Deb,

I have not seen one of your posts in quite awhile, glad to see you are still with us and wish you the very best for 2008.

love ya

Ed the chow hound

:D :D :D