#1 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:53 PM

Option one:

Upload your pictures somewhere online there are a few places around, photobucket is one and its free... The URL for it is - http://photobucket.com/login.php

Sign up and then upload your pictures there. Once you have done that, all you need to do it copy the image code and paste it into a post and your picture should show up.

Option two:

The Invision software allows members some space for uploading photos here at BtB. When you make a new post or reply to one you should get a 'File attachment' option at the bottom of your reply box, above the emoticons.

Click "Browse" to select a picture from your computer, select it then click "Upload". Above that area will be a drop down box for "Manage Current Attachments". Select the arrow to the right of that box to show the list of photos you've uploaded. Click on one and it will appear in the posting box as something like this: [ atta chment=241:xyz.jpg ] You're ready to post it! Even though you can't see the file, it is there and others will see it; you will see it too once it is posted.

Try to make sure your photo is already shrunk to a reasonably small size (this one isn't) or you will use up nearly all of your space!

Option three:

For smilies or emoticons, there are lots of places that allow you to hotlink to forums and such. One good one is Best Smilies at http://bestsmileys.com/pageindex.htm

Find the applicable category, and select a smilie. Just copy and paste the provided code into your post.

#2 sycamore

sycamore
  • Members
  • 1,175 posts
  • Interests:adventure

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:47 PM

Aargh....it doesn't friggin' work. Not on my computer! Sorry just frustrated...was finally able to post a pic in photo gallery but no where else...and I tried all three of your options...checked wiki too. Signed, Flustered! :x

#3 PhoenixRising45

PhoenixRising45
  • Members
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

I wanted to post a happy birthday message..and I have this picture with Snoopy I like to use (if you look at RWigrams birthday post you will see it) but I don't like that it comes up small and surrounded by a black frame saying reduced image..etc...so I thought I deleted it..and just wrote a message..but on the bottom of the message is a thumbnail of the snoopy picture and I couldn't figure out how to remove it...this isn't a big deal...I just would like to know how to post pictures without that framing..and how I could've removed that thumbnail from that post.

Thanks,
Phoenix :D