Codeine And Me

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 steph

steph
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

well i was prescribed 60/500mg of codiene to help with a very bad toothache. I was given about 200 tabs. I took 20 in an attepmted od and found that i was very happy and stoned. SO i have been taking 2 at night tom help me sleep, i lie in bed with a nice warm feeling and it helps. But now i can't getoff them and my stash has run out. I like the feeling they give me, warm and detached. I want to kick it but i know i can buy them in the shops at 8/500mg and double or triple up, but that will be expensive and i know will start to affect my liver.

#2 marga

marga
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Music & singing, reading, creative writing, poetry, mental health issues, foreign languages, my pets.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

(((((((Steph)))))))

Do you think it would be a good idea to talk to a doctor about this? I'm not sure how long you've been taking the codeine for, but it can be very addictive physically and psychologically, so if you've been taking it for a while you might find it very difficult to stop.

I really wouldn't recommend buying it mixed with paracetamol and taking more than the stated dose. Paracetamol is nasty stuff when you take too much and can cause permanent liver damage. I've seen my gf go through the effects of several paracetamol ODs and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

If you don't feel able to talk to your doctor, you can get confidential advice here:
http://www.talktofrank.com/

Marga xx