• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimmydark

jimmydark
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 November 2015 - 09:51 AM

I am 51 now, and it has been more than 10 years since I was in a relationship with a woman.  I tried a few years back to go on dates, but I didn't seem to know what to do.  The one date didn't even end in a handshake.  And the other I just chickened out and cancelled.

I guess I've just gotten into a rut where loneliness is the norm, and I can't even imagine being with someone.  Which would be fine if I could just accept it and enjoy my life, but it's like I can't get started on art projects and things I used to love.  I'm half-assing my way through life as if a piece of me is missing.  Sounds odd, but it's like if I can't attract a woman, even if I don't want to be with one, I'm completely worthless.  

I want my curiosity back, my art, my life.  It's not that I don't enjoy some things;  there are still moments that touch my heart.  Is it wrong to wish I could inspire that in someone else?

#2 NJCat

NJCat
  • Members
  • 3,120 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:49 PM

Jimmy, I am in the same situation.  Actually my depression is BAD.  But I also haven't dated someone in countless years. I'm not interested now.  I am SOOOOO lonely but even if I'm around people I'm lonely.    I live alone.  I'm 52.   You're lucky that you do enjoy some things. I really don't right now. 

So I know how you feel .....

Carol