10 replies to this topic

#1 V-Star

V-Star
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Story writing, reading (primarily fantasy), star-gazing, cats

Posted 19 December 2008 - 04:21 AM

This is probably a good idea for me. I know I don't eat nearly enough, and when I do eat, its usually not that healthy. I rarely have an appetite and often don't notice how starved I am until I start getting dizzy.

So far today I've had:

Breakfast: bowl of scooters (off-brand cheerios) that I didn't quite finish
Lunch: Instant ramen (Finished the whole thing!)
Dinner: about four bites of the rice and chicken dinner my mom made and half a glass of milk

I didn't really taste any of it though. I can force myself to eat when I don't have an appetite, but everything seems flavorless, and its hard to keep at it with no hunger or pleasure to motivate me. Still, I know I'll feel better in the long run, so I'm at least skipping less meals now, and telling my parents when I don't eat. Its getting better. Last week I was going on a packet of instant oatmeal and a bowl of chips a day.

#2 RWigram

RWigram
  • Members
  • 1,435 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Scrabble-History-Reading-Baseball-Football

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:07 PM

Good for you V-star. It must be very hard to eat when you don't want to. Your daily intake was kinda small as you said, but not bad.

#3 V-Star

V-Star
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:57 AM

Thanks for the encouragement RWigram!

I skipped breakfast today. I wasn't hungry, but that wasn't the reason. I didn't want to sit at the table with my parents. I had a completely sleepless night and was laying in bed with a headache when they made me got up. I needed to get up to take tests that day anyway, but I could have stayed in bed another hour or two, and I wasn't happy to be up. I packed a lunch to take to school, but all I ate from it was a bag of chips. Dinner was better. I had a fish with small servings of mashed potatoes and corn.

#4 RWigram

RWigram
  • Members
  • 1,435 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:15 AM

Keep at it. We'll be rooting for you.

#5 V-Star

V-Star
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:16 AM

Thank You! I've been trying to keep better track of my eating for awhile, but posting it here has given me more motivation.

Today started late. We all get to sleep in on Saturdays, which was good since I feel asleep at 6 in the morning. I tried to skip breakfast again, but my mom wouldn't have it, so I had a bowl of scooters again, but it was nearly noon by then so it complicated lunch. I had a slice of banana bread with milk, which was good but gave me a stomach ache. That seems to happen when I eat more than usual or eat twice close together. I'm not sure why. Dinner was a very small serving of stew, and I've had two chocolate cookies over the course of the evening.

#6 V-Star

V-Star
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:21 AM

How ironic. My mom tried to threaten me by denying me breakfast when I didn't want to get up today. I found that very humorous. I was sorely tempted to stay in bed and see if she regretted, but knew I'd have to get up soon either way, so i gave breakfast a shot. Only managed a few bites of it. I'm still laughing over that threat, though I suppose it was aimed more at my brother than me. He had three bowls. I watched him one after the other as my own went soggy. I never felt hungry today, but so little breakfast left me feeling worn out. The next meal better. I had a whole baked potato but didn't touch anything else my plate. Later in the evening I had a bowl of chocolate ice cream.

And I'm rambling in this post.
Vampire out.

#7 RWigram

RWigram
  • Members
  • 1,435 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:29 AM

Hey, we're with you.

:?:

DB

#8 V-Star

V-Star
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:43 AM

Thank you Darren.

Breakfast was a vitamin drink that took me half an hour to finish. I completely forgot to eat lunch. Dinner I had half a grilled cheese sandwich and a small bowl of chicken noodle soup. I had a clementine with my sister at midnight. I hate eating so little. I get so worn out but I'm still not hungry and its not getting any easier to eat.

#9 V-Star

V-Star
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:48 PM

Forgot to update yesterday. Which is a shame because it went really well. I had a half a bowl of cereal for breakfast, and found that its a little easier to eat if I don't eat immediately after getting up. For lunch I had a bowl of ramen soup. It took me awhile, but I ate the whole thing. Dinner was great! Spaghetti with corn and garlic bread. Not only did I eat it all, I actually enjoyed it! First meal I've really tasted in awhile.
:D :ban:

#10 RWigram

RWigram
  • Members
  • 1,435 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

Excellent work miss V. :D

#11 V-Star

V-Star
  • Members
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:27 AM

Breakfast today was a sausage patty with a small serving of eggs. I didn't manage to eat the pancake, but I don't really like them anyway. I ate so late I wasn't hungry by lunchtime, but I wanted to share the meal with my family so I had a few chips. My mom made sugar cookies, so I had a few of these through the day, and dinner was a pot pie that I mostly finished. I never had a real lunch but I did pretty good otherwise.