#22 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:06 AM

Am beginning to lose track of how long I have been eating sensibly now.....about 8 weeks I think.

I noticed today when I was picking at some 'mixed leaf' lettuce from the top of my sandwich as I waited for the kettle to boil, how my tastebuds have sharpened right up. I could taste the difference between the different types of leaf......before that I always thought that lettuce had no taste unless I flung dressing all over it. :P

I have avoided anything sweet except for fruit in this time too. My only indulgences have been a single Reese's peanut butter cup each time I lost 5lbs....so that means that I have had 3 of these! We can't get them here in the NL, so these are ones I brought back from Canada and store in the fridge, so no chance of me pigging out on them anyway. :P I have avoided artificial sweeteners as I don't like them. I wonder if sugar blunts the tastebuds or something?

Anyone else found this?

love Jill xxx

Posted Image
[/url]

#23 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:19 AM

Mmmm,

Yeah, I have noticed that foods taste different now.... I've been avoiding sugar, which isn't too hard for me as I have been trying to avoid it for some time now due to the borderline diabetes.

The GF and I do indulge in junk on occasion in strict moderation and I am finding more and more that the fast foods taste, well quite frankly, disgustingly greasy and very heavy. I just can't seem to enjoy it like I used to. Good news is it makes it that much easier to avoid it!

Love

Sheila

#24 pita

pita

Resident Pit bull

• Board Moderator
  • 5,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:20 PM

Jillie-

I am so PROUD of you.

You go girl!!

-pita

#25 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:03 AM

hmmm the weather is getting colder here and salads are beginning to lose some of their charm.

I think I need to search out some soup recipes. I don't often eat soup., but when I do it tends to be the sort with a glug of cream stirred in at the end... :oops: Something like a tomato and lentil soup with a hunk of granary bread for lunch sounds good.

I have now lost 25lbs

love Jillie xxxxxxx

Posted Image

#26 Crazed Gardener

Crazed Gardener
  • Members
  • 847 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:07 AM

Way to go, Jillie! That is excellent!

:D