jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:55 AM

So far today....

I no-fat fruit yogurt that was disgusting (artifical sweeteners-ugh)
2 slices granary bread
1 tsp low-cal mayo
Rocket
25g tuna in brine
glass apple juice

2 small wraps
1 small chicken breast
avocado
lots of lettuce
a tomato
2 tsps low cal mayo

which is all well and good.....but ummmmmm admission to make.....

4 glasses red wine.... :oops:

#2 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:01 PM

2 slices wholemeal toast
2 eggs
6g butter
dsp tomato ketchup

1 small chicken breast
50g egg noodles
snow peas
carrot
red pepper
courgette
15ml olive oil
soy sauce

glass apple/kiwi juice

#3 Tallulah

Tallulah
  • Members
  • 2,986 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

I no-fat fruit yogurt that was disgusting (artifical sweeteners-ugh)

Yoghurt is naturally quite low in fat already. Most yoghurts marketed as "low fat" are actually ordinary yoghurt, it's like labelling mineral water as low in fat. It's only the "fat free" ones that are any different.
Artificial sweeteners are bad for you in so many ways, physically and mentally.
Yoghurt is a good source of calcium, which too many adults (especially women) don't get enough of. Calcium also helps with weight loss.
You're best off sticking with ordinary yoghurt - sweeten yoghurt with fruit & add as little sugar (or honey) as possible - unbleached sugar is better than white, processed sugar.

#4 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:26 PM

Thanks for the tip Tallulah.

In all honesty I am not a huge yoghurt fan, but I am trying to make sure I eat breakfast in the morning and also up my calcium consumption.

I shall try your suggestions

love Jillie xxxxxx

#5 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:19 PM

Hey, I made a smoothy for breakfast. First time I have ever tried one, and I was surprised how nice it was!

Made from low fat plain yoghurt, skimmed milk, orange juice,strawberries, mango and a few slices of banana. I did add 1tsp of sugar, but I thought that wasn't much. There is enough for tomorrow's breakfast too! Now I feel all virtuous for the day!

lunch was the remains of last night's stir fry - that's the great thing about nearly everyone being away - leftovers get left for ME instead of disappearing...

Dinner will be bbq'd chicken. Should I eat the skin, or mebbe compromise and eat half the skin? :P

ok, ate a bbq chicken leg and and the skin..... :P Hey, I was hungry!

lots of leaves
I pita bread
dip made from half low fat mayo and half low fat yog, flavoured with curry powder

#6 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:48 AM

Hmmm what did I have yesterday?

Breakfast: rest of the smoothie

Lunch: Tuna fish, salad, a smear of low fat mayo, 1 pitta bread

Dinner: I chicken breast grilled, salad leaves, tomatoes, I baked potato, 10z cheese (eek not low fat)

snack: an orange

1 gin and tonic (low calorie tonic)

#7 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:49 AM

Breakfast: fruit combo - kiwi, strawberries, mango, orange

lunch/dinner: Just cooked the once, and divided it up, since I knew I was working late tonight:

Chicken breast, cous cous, lemon, courgette, red pepper, snow peas, 1 spoonful olive oil

1 fruit bar

1 glass of wine

#8 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:18 PM

Hmmmm not kept my food diary for a few days, but have stuck to the rules pretty well.

Last night went to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 with dd and did drink 2 small beers and ate a 50g tub of Pringles though.... :P

Weight was down by 1lb over the week, so that is ok considering I have been unable to exercise due to my back. Am hoping to get to the gym tomorrow...

So, did everyone else survive the weekend then?

love Jillie xxxx

#9 nell

nell
  • Members
  • 4,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:55 AM

Well done Jill!

You're doing really well with this and considering you're not following any set diet you're doing brilliantly! I have to be told what I should be eating day by day :roll:

I've been bad at keeping my diary up to date but I have been following the diet and keeping up with the workouts....only lost 2lbs so far though. Bought some new scales this weekend and regretted that as they have put 3 more lbs on - I weighed more than I thought :oops:

Keep it up Jill!

Sorry your back's still painful - I've found mine feels a lot better since I've been working out but not sure that's a good idea for you until your's is feeling less painful - maybe see a physio-therapist?

with love from Nell xxxxxxxxx

#10 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:32 PM

Nell, that really stinks that the new scales made you heavier.... :x Glad to hear you are sticking to eating healthily though.

Time for me to start up again, as otherwise I may slip. I know this is of supreme boredom to anyone other than me, so please read no further!!!!

Breakfast: Ready prepared smoothie, orange juice/mango/passion fruit

Lunch: prawns, a couple of crabsticks and some tuna on a large piece of french bread. (No butter or mayo, though!) Watercress

Dinner: Chicken leg (oh, I was weak and ate the skin!), salad, avocado, brown rice, low fat blue cheese dressing.

2 glasses chardonnay :oops:

#11 juanvinas

juanvinas
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:05 PM

Hey Jillie:

I do believe that diet does affect all of us and how we feel.

Just wanted to let you know that I avoid tuna as much as I can because unfortunately there's been lots of reports and scientific data that has shown that tuna tends to have high levels of mercury, and mercury has a bad effcet in the nervous system.... so I just avoided all together because of that.

I also had a friend (woman) some time ago that had a very bad nervous condition, and after lots of dr visists she discovered that the fillings in her teeth were releasing mercury as well. The metal fillings are made up of silver and mercury ! She had a chelating treatment and bam ! It all went away, and of course she replaced her fillings with the ceramic white ones.

John

#12 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:20 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for the tip about tuna - when I look back I have been eating rather a lot of it lately!

It does get difficult to know what food to choose sometimes. I try to avoid ready prepared stuff as far as possible as I like to know what I eat, but there is such a lot that we don't know about the origins of the basic ingredients themselves.

My daughter, who is vegetarian, is trying to persuade me round to eating more stuff like hummus, so maybe that is the way to go....

love Jillie xxxx

#13 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:13 AM

Breakfast: homemade fruit salad, orange, mango, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi
1 slice wholemeal toast with low fat Philadelphia

Lunch: 1 Pitta bread, houmous, salad

Dinner: Spiced cous cous, I chicken breast, courgette, red pepper, snowpeas (stir-fried in minimum oil)

1 capuccino (half fat milk)

#14 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2006 - 01:27 PM

Oh dear, I am not doing well at writing everything down, but I AM sticking to it. I began four weeks ago today, and have now lost 9lbs, so am progressing.

Note to self; You are getting lazy about eating enough fruit!! GO EAT SOME NOW!!

love Jillie xxxxxx

#15 Aud

Aud
  • Members
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 05:15 PM

I began four weeks ago today, and have now lost 9lbs, so am progressing.

Yay!

As far as the fruit thing goes, you can cheat. Smoothies and fruit juice count, dried fruit counts, fruit IN foods counts, as do things like tomato soup (not great for this weather though, I know). So although eating fresh fruit and veg is a good thing, it's not the only way of getting 5 a day.

Anyway, just wanted to say WELL DONE for sticking with it!

Hugs

Aud

#16 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

Hey Aud,

Good point about the smoothies.....I think I must hit the supermarket this week and stock up!

Thanks for the encouragement....truly appreciated!

:kiss:

love Jillie xxxxxxxx

#17 pita

pita

Resident Pit bull

• Board Moderator
  • 5,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:05 PM

I pita bread

I love you too. :P
-pita

#18 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:58 AM

Well, more thanks to the horrible stomach bug I have had than healthy eating, I have lost 5lb this week. That means I have lost 14lbs in total now in 5 weeks.

Pulled on a clean pair of jeans this morning and they were 'comfortable', despite being newly washed. I have to keep tugging them up, so I need to go find a belt! :P

I still have a long way to go, but it is encouraging....

love Jillie xxxxxx

Posted Image

#19 forestfairy

forestfairy
  • Members
  • 1,784 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:20 PM

Well done, Jillie- That is absolutely fantastic!
You have every reason to be proud of yourself
:ban: :car: :cuc: :broc: :bana:

#20 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:29 PM

Well, the last 2 weeks my weight hasn't shifted, although I have been pretty good with everything. Although I didn't measure myself when I started this healthy eating stuff I know my shape has changed a bit though, so that is encouraging.

Finally bit the bullet and went to the gym last night to try to kickstart weightloss once more. And will try to continue keeping food diary a bit more regularly too :oops:

Dd has whinged at me till I agreed to go to the gym with her again this evening, so am off to get ready..... :roll:

love Jillie xxx