Off to have fun

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Judithemu

Judithemu
  • Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

I'm off to the Uk today for a bit of fun and relaxation. I always find it helps to have something down the road to look forward to. Or at least a break, a change, see different people, do different things, get away from the endless cycle of work and home and things that have to be done. Just escape for a few days.

I'm going to a spa with my mum for my birthday present, have a nice massage which will hopefully relax me a bit, then have a facial which will hopefully make me feel a bit better too! I have some christmas vouchers to spend so I can do some guilt free shopping. My husband also just got a decent bonus so I am sure I can get me a few small things! I'm going to get a haircut and have some highlights done, maybe I'll come back a whole new me. Probably not, but it's nice to take care of yourself and I'm lucky I can afford to do some nice things at the moment.

I'm spending the weekend with friends, one friend I've not seen for nearly 2 years, she's got two small boys so doesn't get much time to herself, going to be good to catch up with her properly instead of facebook all the time. Then we can go and admire my best friends house, they've only had it 6 months and they're doing so much work, it'll be nice for her to get out too and do something different, I know the feeling of being pinned to the house!

and I get to spend some time with my family, my dad will even be there and he's going to pick me up from the airport. He's usually running around the world for work so he's almost never there and even if it is planned for him to be there he's often called away at the last minute. But he's between projects at the moment so he's not going anywhere which will be nice.

I'll see you all next week when I'm back to miserable old normal life, but I'm really not going to think of that right now. Problems can wait til I'm back!

love and hugs
Jude

#2 Kate1973

Kate1973
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hope you enjoy your break Jude!

Kate x

#3 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

Jude,

Enjoy yourself its later than you think, have a wonderful time and tell us all about it when you get back.

hugs

Ed the chow hound

#4 listener

listener
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

((((((((( Jude )))))))))

That sounds lovely. Glad to hear you're getting away and having some special time for yourself. :) Thanks for sharing! And yes, do tell us all about it if you have the time.

hugs,

Listener

#5 Chaos

Chaos
  • Members
  • 187 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:My kids and grandkids

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

Jude,
I hope you have a great time! Please tell us all the wonderful details when you get back!

Chaos

#6 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

Enjoy the break and distraction from life!!!

Love

Sheila

#7 ControlIsSlippingAway

ControlIsSlippingAway
  • Members
  • 684 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Music

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Enjoy yourself now! Just let yourself be pampered at the spa, and have a great time! Sounds good to know your father will be there as well, we're still here when you get back :)

#8 drgnfly

drgnfly
  • Validating
  • 901 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Art, Books, Sleeping

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Enjoy Jude! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Edited by drgnfly, 16 February 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#9 Tantalus

Tantalus

Snot pot and Firefox pusher

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:interesting things

other interesting things

etc

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hope you enjoyed yourself.Come on back and tell us about it when you can.

#10 Judithemu

Judithemu
  • Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the good wishes. I really did have a good time. It's not normally how it works out, I look forwards to things then find them a chore, but not this time.

The spa was wonderful, I had an amazing massage, it really has made a difference. I was carrying round a lot of stress and tension and it was taken away. I think I should try and do that a bit more often, you have to make a bit of time for yourself in this world and if it makes you feel better for more than just a few minutes it's definately worth it.

I had a lovely meal out with my parents, I don't often spend much time with just the two of them but it was lovely. It was great to see my friends again too and spend some time with them. One of my friends wasn't very well for part of the time but we still got time together so it was good. And I had a nice quiet Sunday afternoon doing a jigsaw with my sister too which was nice, it's not always easy between us now, I don't know why, so it was nice to get a bit of time with her.

I've been a bit busy since I got back, too much going on at home and I tend not to come here at work so sorry the reply is late, but it was nice to see all your wishes.

love and hugs
Jude

#11 Chaos

Chaos
  • Members
  • 187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Jude,
I am so glad you had such a nice time with your friends and family. I know what you mean about looking forward to things and then finding the to be a chore. I am glad you were able to take the time for yourself and come away from it refreshed.

Love,
Chaos

#12 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Chaos,

Where have you been and whats been happening in your life?

hugs

Ed the jhow hound

Jude,

Welcome home gal, glad you had a goog time.

hugs

Ed the chow hound

#13 Chaos

Chaos
  • Members
  • 187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

Ed,
Been going through some rough extended family stuff.

Thanks for asking.

Hugs,
Chaos

#14 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Chaos,

Ventilate any time ya need to, ah got a soft spot for texas in the south west corner of my heart.

love ya

Ed the chow hound

#15 Tantalus

Tantalus

Snot pot and Firefox pusher

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:interesting things

other interesting things

etc

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

Jude,

That does sound like a nice bit of fun you had. I've never had a professional massage, but reading your post makes me want to go out and try one. :) I understand what you mean about these things being a chore at times, seems whenever I go on a visit things are just hectic and not what I had hoped, glad you had a lovely time.

:D