2 replies to this topic

#1 RWigram

RWigram
  • Members
  • 1,435 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Scrabble-History-Reading-Baseball-Football

Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:12 PM

I'm in the process of weaning off of Cymbalta and I'm being quite an asshole if I do say so myself.

I should have been done with it a week ago, but the depression/rage/electro-shocks were so bad, I've dragged out my weaning more.

I was actually about to extend it without my doctor's approval last Saturday. When I got home from picking up my last refill he called and agreed with what I proposed to do.

Now I'm taking about half a capsule every other day. I empty approximately half of the little pellets out of the cap and put it back together.

I have put more details in my blog if anyone is interested. (I'm looking, in a cyber-sense, at you Listener. It's a little salacious.)

I really wanted to know if anyone has been through this crap (I kinda know the answer is "yes" to that) and if so:
1. How long will this last?
2. Is there any way to cope short of hospitalization? Any way to ease the symptoms?

Thanks in advance to anyone.

This totally fucking sucks.

Edited by RWigram, 09 November 2009 - 11:21 PM.

#2 listener

listener
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:55 AM

I really don't know about meds and how they go, as I was always too scared of them to take them. but i'm sure others here can share their experiences. i can remember kewy talking about med withdrawal, but she's not been on much lately... you could also do a search for posts on withdrawal and no doubt turn up a bunch of stuff that ppl have said over the years.

I have put more details in my blog if anyone is interested. (I'm looking, in a cyber-sense, at you Listener. It's a little salacious.)

Are you implying that you think I'm someone who has a penchant for salacious details? :cunning: Who have you been talking to??? :o :P

j/k, hehe. :?: :kiss:

Edited by listener, 10 November 2009 - 10:03 AM.

#3 RWigram

RWigram
  • Members
  • 1,435 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Scrabble-History-Reading-Baseball-Football

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:58 PM

Who have you been talking to???

Hmmmmmm...I think it was....um...oh yeah, you. :lol: