Biofeedback?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Judithemu

Judithemu
  • Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Has anyone got any experience of this? It was suggested by a psychologist as something that might help me seeing as I am really not so good at talking for the moment. I've read about it a bit but I'm on the fence as whether it's worth trying or not.....

#2 saulylee

saulylee
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Yes I have experience with biofeedback but not for depression. My boss used to do sessions for me that had various effects including made me more focused got rid of headaches and got rid of jitters. I would recommend it and will be using it again when I can Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

#3 Judithemu

Judithemu
  • Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

I did go ahead and try it, not so much for the depression but to try and enable me to react more calmly when stressed. In a way it worked, but it still felt like I was ' faking' it. Somehow, the results on the screen didn't seem to reflect the way i was feeling. According to the results, I would be all relaxed, yet I felt incredibly tense, or tearful, kind of deeper inside.

I don't know, it wasn't a total waste, but I don't think it really made an awful lot of difference in the end.