shiatsu

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kewy13

kewy13
  • Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:used to be hiking, packing, skiing, anything outdoors. am woking back toward that as i get healthier.

i attend buddhist meditation at a temple nearby.

yoga, bicycling, kayaking, camping, exfoliating, making jewelry, being outdoors.

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:05 AM

i kinda took over the alternative therapy folder for universal energy, so i am posting this here.

my shiatsu went so well today. i have been so off on sleep patterns lately. always up late, but getting worse. up til 3-5am lately!!

each channel/meridian on the body has an organ associated with it, and each organ a season/time of day/element/emotion that goes with it also. my insomnia has been making my depression worse, since the liver channel is that emotions ruler, and it's time is 12 am - 2 am. and i am not resting then when it needs to be resting/recharging. not a good thing. i have been so much more emotional. unable to be compassionate toward david when he needs it. or to myself.

so today she worked my triple burner and pericardium channels which are associated with sleep. and it was a lot in my forearms, where i have had so much trouble lately and pain. when she was all done, she did a light compression on my eyes (which are governed by the liver channel).

while she was doing the massage, i was really able to meditate and focus on the areas she was working. it was amazing. esp since i havnt seen her in over a month for a regular session. when she did the compression on my eyes, it was like it all snapped together, all the key points she tended to today. it all just clicked and made sense. i felt new.

and the work she did on my arms helped my pain tremendously. i had to drive my mom and aunt quite a ways away tonite, and i didnt get sore at all. that is unusual!!

i know i drone on about the shiatsu. you are probly all getting sick of ti. but i needed to say these positive things. i feel really good right now.

peace and love to all. kewy.

#2 JohnR

JohnR
  • Members
  • 837 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:44 PM

I'm very much of the opinion that if it helps it is a good thing. I'm glad you've found something positive.

#3 Tantalus

Tantalus

Snot pot and Firefox pusher

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:interesting things

other interesting things

etc

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:28 AM

I like when you write about things like this, I don't consider it 'droning on' at all. Like John said, I'm happy you found something positive that is working for you. :)

#4 vamp and a bit of a tramp

vamp and a bit of a tramp
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:13 AM

This is wonderful, kewy. I'm a great believer in the healing power of touch. I'm so glad that this works for you :)

#5 kewy13

kewy13
  • Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:used to be hiking, packing, skiing, anything outdoors. am woking back toward that as i get healthier.

yoga, bicycling, kayaking, camping, exfoliating, making jewelry, being outdoors.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:24 AM

i got to bed by 11:30 last nite!!! that was a HUGE difference. i hope it keeps up. i got up at 7:30 which is also a huge diff for me since i didnt have an appointment then to get up for. i went to yoga. today was a good day.

#6 kewy13

kewy13
  • Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:46 AM

ok. i admit it. i get gas. i know im a girl and i shouldnt admit those things but i do. and it sucks if you are working in a close space and only one other person in the room! thank god i use aroma therapyPosted Image

so i have basically cut out a lot of sugar from my diet. not all. i had ice cream tonite. but i have greatly reduced it. and i have added probiotics, digestive enzymes, and some other naturopathic remedy. and it has really helped. i guess i was doing ok on my general eating habits (except those binges :oops: ) but just not digesting the food properly. probiotics alone werent helping, so i added the other stuff.

today during my shiatsu, i noticed that this one area on the inside of my knee wasnt tender at all. in fact, the whole inner side of my right leg wasnt tender at all. i even asked her if she was using lighter pressure. she said no. she asked me how my no sugar was doing. i told her well and what i had added. she told me that the channels she was working were related to digestion. and i often have to grin and bear it when she works that area. i couldnt believe the difference. since i was taking the new products, she did some extra abdominal work. and i am embarrassed to say, i can get gassy. but i didnt at all! in fact, when i changed (you wear yoga/sweats for shiatsu so you can be moved around comfortably) back into my jeans, the belt went in a notch.

shiatsu alone didnt help me much with the digestive probs, but it sure helped me see the results of the supplements.

and today after our tx, i felt so amazing. i went in scattered and unable to focus, and left with a plan for the day. i was organized. i am so amazed by this tx! :D

Edited by kewy13, 24 March 2009 - 05:47 AM.

#7 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

That is fantastic Kewy !!!!

#8 RWigram

RWigram
  • Members
  • 1,435 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Scrabble-History-Reading-Baseball-Football

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:07 AM

ok. i admit it. i get gas. i know im a girl and i shouldnt admit those things but i do.

WHAT? But every woman I've ever met in my life has assured me that women don't have gas. Were they lying?

But seriously folks.....Awesome news.

My goal for cutting down on sugar is to begin eating spoonfuls of sugar out of the bag constantly, all day long. This may sound pretty bad, but would be a huge improvement from my current practice of walking around all day with an IV bag full of high-fructose corn syrup stuck in my arm 24/7.