• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 seratonin sister

seratonin sister
  • Members
  • 2,452 posts
  • Interests:Chocolate.The internet.

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:40 PM

I had my assessment appointment with the CBT therapist today & she is def taking me on.It will be a bit of a wait but not months more likely weeks.I am pleased, relieved & a little nervy.But having said that she was really understanding, very down to earth & easy to talk to.She used to be a Psychiatric Social Worker (ASW) so she is well experienced.Until I start the therapy I will continue to see my current ASW which helps take the worry off me.

Love
Jane

#2 sycamore

sycamore
  • Members
  • 1,175 posts
  • Interests:adventure

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:05 AM

Dear Jane, I'm so happy for you, sounds like you found someone who will be in you corner. Hope its just a few weeks to get in, waiting is the hard part. Well Good Luck with your therapy! Warm Wishes, Sycamore. :bighug:

#3 SpaceTrekkie

SpaceTrekkie
  • Members
  • 782 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Astronomy, Ham radio, books.

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:09 AM

I am happy to hear that, Jane. Sounds like she will be really good. Hope you get in soon!

love and hugs
hill

#4 this is me

this is me
  • Members
  • 2,675 posts
  • Interests:book and more books

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

I really like CBT it's goes well with my personality. I really think you will find it helpful.

#5 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:12 AM

((((Jane))))

CBT is work, but so beneficial and will keep helping over and over throughout your life. I had CBT in an intensive group situation, which worked for me. In fact I kept the handouts and my notes and note to me from others to return to and have.

I told my T, when I started, that I would like to put emphasis on CBT first, no problem and that worked out great.

It is like learning a whole new language, as most new endeavors are but you will be learning and hit points shazam. I am very happy for you. A little excited and a little scared to me means you are doing the right thing for you.

Love to hear how it goes.

Hugs,
Sunshine