Going away

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 foggyfrogeater

foggyfrogeater
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Music,(exept country and western)
    Film,(expet the scary ones) Cats (all sorts) Art (Ivan Bilibin, Mucha, Hokusai, William Morris, etc) Style, Houses and Gardens of the Arts and Crafts movement. Knitting

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

Well things have been pretty crappy for me this summer and not least of this is the horrid weather we're having. I think that as far as Ireland goes this is the worst summer on record for forty years. Two weeks ago I had to call out my landlord because there was sparks coming out of the fuse box. That freaked me out but not as much as it did the agent he sent round to tell me there was no hope of am electician on the bank holiday weekend, when fire glue up the wall when he turned it on. Any way that's all fixed now but it really made me think.

In the past when I've felt like this, it's lead to all sorts of bad feelings and I'd end up wanting to end it all.this time I've made a different decision. I'm selling up most of my stuff, storing most of the rest and getting a campervan. I'm going to head over to europe with megan as soon as I can sort out our paper work.

Started selling stuff this week and it's really not as bad as I thought it would new to get rid of it all. Anyhow I'll be around for a while longer and then will prob fall out of touch for a while.

#2 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

((((Foggy))))

Please take care and check in whenever you can!!! Keep posting in the meantime. :?:

Love

Sheila

#3 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hi Foggy,

I hope europe works out for you, take care, stay safe and you are always welcome here at BTB.

love ya

Ed the chow hound

#4 KylieJane

KylieJane
  • Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hope you're OK and had a safe trip. I ended up with 2 weeks off & decided to go to the mountains.
Take care Foggy.

#5 Datawolf

Datawolf
  • Members
  • 386 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:19 AM

Where in Europe are you headed?

#6 foggyfrogeater

foggyfrogeater
  • Members
  • 210 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Music,(exept country and western)
    Film,(expet the scary ones) Cats (all sorts) Art (Ivan Bilibin, Mucha, Hokusai, William Morris, etc) Style, Houses and Gardens of the Arts and Crafts movement. Knitting

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Well hello again everybody.

I've made it as far as France and here I am going to stay. I'm having a lovely time in the sunshine, my puppy is thriving, I'm learning French, and all the daft expats out here want me to teach them how to play the piano.

If I could just sort out a getting my stuff over that I stored up in mom's attic I would be a very happy person. It's not like it's a full load of stuff, because I sold almost everything before I left Ireland. But I do want my violas and my music and a few other knickknacks and the lowest quote I've heard so far is just obscene.

I'm about to sign a lease for a long term rental here, and while I'm ranting I'm going to be looking jolly hard at some of the property
on the market. I don't think I ever want to live in Ireland again. All that rain.
HeYellow and women llo hello hello it's not like it's a full load of stuff that needs to be collected, because I sold almost everything that I needed to before I left Ireland. Ttop it's not like it's a full load of stuff that needs to be collected because I sold almost everything I own It's not like it's a full load of staff are
I have also invested in some software that allows dictation onto my computer. They'll be no stopping me now I've got access to broadband for most of this month's and a microphone so that it doesn't take me hours to type

get ready to get reacquainted. xxx

Those who want to see some lovely pictures of France click the following link

https://www.facebook...=3&l=532b012e80

unfortunately my phone died last weeks I can't take any more pictures but there's a few pretty ones up there from the last few months.